2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

As opposed to....a #1? A #2? A #3? I think he's a low-end #2/high-end #3, yeah.

If he can be that 2, it would be ideal. 

They really need a #1. They need to do everything possible to find one in the Draft. 

Last season we were watching drop after drop, receivers not knowing depth of their routes, receivers running into each other, no separation and etc.

If they go into next year with:

One of: London/Williams/Pickens (most likely)

Kirk (slot)

Zay Jones

Marvin Jones

Shenault

Agnew

With Engram and Arnold also at TE, I would be content.

It trumps what we were running out there last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Overpaying for average players in free agency who they plan to cut in 1/2 years is pretty much exactly why bad teams stay bad. Like, what am I missing here? You're gonna draft a WR1 and WR2 this year and then just throw that $100M away as a stopgap to those players? It doesn't make any sense. You could've bolstered your team elsewhere and still spent the draft capital on those WR's and gotten probably better WR's late in FA after cuts.

• Get good talent with the sheer amount of early of the round picks you have.
  • ostracize that talent when they want to get paid when you get some success 
  • Forced to trade them or let them walk 
  • Have to spend that same money you refused to pay your homegrown talent on middling talent that hits the market to reach the cap floor
  • Continue the loop of mediocrity 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:
  • Have to spend that same money you refused to pay your homegrown talent on middling talent that hits the market to reach the cap floor

The team who’s had by far the worst record in the NFL over the last decade with Blake Bortles, Blaine Gabbert, Chad Henne, Gardner Minshew, and Nick Foles starting the lion share of games prior to 2021 wasn’t ran successfully?

Color me shocked.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

The team who’s had by far the worst record in the NFL over the last decade with Blake Bortles, Blaine Gabbert, Chad Henne, Gardner Minshew, and Nick Foles starting the lion share of games prior to 2021 wasn’t ran successfully?

Color me shocked.

How dare you slander Foles, sir

(Also if you guys can help us talk up Minshew to get a 4th we’d appreciate it)

• Like 1

Just now, Kiltman said:

How dare you slander Foles, sir

(Also if you guys can help us talk up Minshew to get a 4th we’d appreciate it)

Whatever wizardry you guys did to him when you won a SB, props.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Whatever wizardry you guys did to him when you won a SB, props.

I’ll never understand how but it’ll forever be one of the amazing sports things that’s happened to my team. Like just a quick thought that we beat Brady with Nick Foles can cheer me up in the darkest of days.

Part of him doing it in 2018 I 100% think was because everyone hated Wentz so much

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

The first four points you listed were done by previous regimes.  There's not much that can be done about the past.   

As for the last bullet point, that is to be determined.  People can pick at what we are paying the players we signed, but at least the team is making an attempt to get things going in the right direction.

Last year we had what could turn out to be a pretty good draft.  If we can add a good draft class in 2022, we should be well on our way to getting out of the "loop of mediocrity."  Time will tell.  I do expect a better season in 2022.  7-9 wins would be a sign of nice growth.  Playoffs in 2023.

My Jets have been pretty quiet so far. 

And our GM hasn't touched Defense @ all yet. 

Any news of rumors on Stephon Gilmore and especially Marcus Williams? 

FS Marcus Williams has been one of my top 5 favorite potential FA targets heading into 2022's Free Agency. He's an impactful player and one who I'd love to see roam the secondary within (soon to be) a coach Robert Saleh led Defense. He'll be able to truly ball hawk while roaming Center Field for us.

I can't help but get my hopes up. It's Free Agency. 

4 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

My Jets have been pretty quiet so far. 

And our GM hasn't touched Defense @ all yet. 

Any news of rumors on Stephon Gilmore and especially Marcus Williams? 

FS Marcus Williams has been one of my top 5 favorite potential FA targets heading into 2022's Free Agency. He's an impactful player and one who I'd love to see roam the secondary within (soon to be) a coach Robert Saleh led Defense. He'll be able to truly ball hawk while roaming Center Field for us.

I can't help but get my hopes up. It's Free Agency. 

Nothing on Williams from what I've heard. 

49ers and raiders appear to be the most active on Gilmore

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nothing on Williams from what I've heard. 

49ers and raiders appear to be the most active on Gilmore

I'd imagine multiple teams would I'm just a little 🔥'd up only because one of our most famous Jets reports Rich Cimini mentioned two hours ago how both Marcus Williams and the Jets sharing mutual interest. 

It makes sense. Jets are still fully loaded and a Playmaking Ball Hawking Safety is something we haven't featured in decades not since Victor Green.

I'm hoping for at least just 1 big name FA. Marcus Williams is my last remaining favorite left.