2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

Even with my own team, I like Mac Jones but we need to have serious conversations about his ceiling. It’s looking like at his peak he might be the 6th best QB in the AFC, are we ok with that?

This was the conversation that ostensibly split the 49er fanbase on this forum last year. This was the exact reason that the people who didn't want Mac were talking about. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

As good as Tyreek is, getting a return of a young, promising WR on a rookie deal and a first round pick for him would be a huge win for KC. Would the Jets do Elijah Moore and 10 for Hill?

I wouldn’t.  Same goes for Waddle.   

Edited by Broncofan

Just now, Forge said:

This was the conversation that ostensibly split the 49er fanbase on this forum last year. This was the exact reason that the people who didn't want Mac were talking about. 

And why I said I’d believe Mac Jones was the pick when it was announced.  Everyone wants the high ceiling elite level best case outcome now.   Safe but non elite ceiling isn’t where it’s at now with QB draft evaluation.    Mahomes, Allen & Herbert have changed the calculus and likely will stay that way for a while.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The fact that they haven't traded him and were also reportedly interested in Watson doesn't bode well for Trey Trey.

They had interest in Watson last year before the draft. They didn't have any interest in him this year. 

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We gotta talk about the WR's Patrick Mahomes is about to play this season with, because it ain't looking good.

JuJu, MVS, and Garrett Wilson. Also has the sleeper squad of Josh Gordon and Corey Coleman, lol.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The same way they turned Mecole Hardman into a pro bowler?

Also I just looked, he's the ONLY WR they've taken in the first 3 rounds since 2015 (Chris Conley), and before that 2011 (Jonathan Baldwin).

Guys they've drafted since Tyreek Hill:

• Jehu Chesson
  • Tremon Smith
  • Mecole Hardman
  • Cornell Powell

They're all trash, including Hardman who was a 2nd rounder.

Hardman failed for multiple reasons, some of which is his fault, and Mahomes. But the one game he started for Hill he had over 100 yards as the deep threat option.

Its not really his fault he was overdrafted anyways. Hes always been a gadget/trick option his entire life. I think you can count his number of 100 yard games with one hand going back to HS.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

But youre not dysfunctional 

To be fair GM Douglas has been solid.   It’s his OC deciding who plays what’s been really iffy.  

GM Grier has been a great trader overall.   Terrible OL drafter though lol.   But clear the owner Ross interferes a lot.   Miami would seem more likely.    Don’t see Douglas going there.  

If I were to guess: 

NYJ offers 10 & 37.   

• Like 1