2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

They’re almost certainly going rookie QB Rd1.   Baker’s trade demand started once it was clear CLE was looking to upgrade.   It’s hard to see why they’d want to pursue Baker if they already chose to think rookie.   Baker certainly isn’t a guy who makes you change long term plans.    It’s why the piece came out about both Baker & CAR having “mutual disinterest” - lol. 

The other part to this is given how Baker  has reacted - CLE has no leverage.    The $ is fully guaranteed either way.    When you add in the other factors Baker having little interest at 18M+ and picks being asked for isn’t nearly as crazy as it might have seemed 1 year ago.  

At this point, can Baker afford to be picky?

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He can create a situation where they're basically forced to cut him and then choose where he wants to sign. Tampa Bay behind Brady seems like the most likely landing spot.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I don’t think he’s going to have a choice. But it’s more teams don’t want the headache.   Not at that salary / draft capital CLE is posturing for.   Ultimately once either CLE eats a ton of $ or sends picks a deal gets done.  Until they have to hope for a Bradford - MIN situation that doesn’t have JimmyG as an option.  

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He can create a situation where they're basically forced to cut him and then choose where he wants to sign. Tampa Bay behind Brady seems like the most likely landing spot.

I keep waiting for Cleveland to ship him to Carolina straight up for Darnold just to annoy Baker. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Absolutely. His money is GTD, he can basically take the year off if he wants too. If I was him I would be pushing for an out right release. Heck, I might even sit out until the fall when some QB has an injury, just work with personal coaches until then. Set it up to be the #1 FA in 2023.

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

How did a kicker thread get locked lol. I can’t wait to read what transpired. 

I got blocked, which means I am an expert on that thread, ask me anything. 

Edited by Matts4313

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Cleveland is not eating 18 million just for the hell of it. They will suspend the hell out of Baker before that happens.

That sounds prudent, but teams often consider perception. 

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Cleveland is not eating 18 million just for the hell of it. They will suspend the hell out of Baker before that happens.

I'd be curious to see if Baker would push it that far. I think he'd be smarter than that. Pull the old Dalvin Cook and show up for everything and just say that he's in too much pain to participate 

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd be curious to see if Baker would push it that far. I think he'd be smarter than that. Pull the old Dalvin Cook and show up for everything and just say that he's in too much pain to participate 

You’re talking about a guy who: 

1.   Decided to (allegedly) get some side action at a Cheesecake Factory parking lot. 

2.  Decided to try and elude campus police…only to get sacked.   

3.   Thought this was a good idea to sponsor.  

Now #1 was not admitted to and #2 was in college.   But let’s say I’m not sure we can assume Baker will make the sound reasoned choice yet either.