2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

1 hour ago, Forge said:

He'll be 35 years old this season. I'm not sure what else he should be expecting. He hasn't played against NFL competition in years and even with these throwing exhibitions, they really don't tell you all that much. 

He should be a backup at least. Crazy that teams took a chance on Vick but not him.

Edited by Xenos

4 hours ago, Xenos said:

He should be a backup at least. Crazy that teams took a chance on Vick but not him.

Its not crazy. Vick was not in an active smear campaign against the NFL. Look at it as a neutral observer and gather info on everything he and his supporters have said or done. Start with his Netflix comparison which is recent.

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Spoke about Fuller earlier.

If this happens, we let Clowney walk. We probably bring Jarvis back too.

I can't imagine Fuller is going to demand much, should be a 1 year deal, mainly with big incentives. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Xenos said:

I'm sure it had a combination to do with the fact that he wanted to be a starter, and  I'd expect the contract demands were too high for someone who hasn't played since 2016.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'm sure it had a combination to do with the fact that he wanted to be a starter, and  I'd expect the contract demands were too high for someone who hasn't played since 2016.

Teams don't want their backup QB to be a distraction and create a media circus.

38 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Teams don't care about media circus, they recruit controversial players all the time. 

If the talent is worth the risk.  No one wants to spend time answering questions on why their backup QB isn’t seeing the field. 

On 4/1/2022 at 7:36 PM, Xenos said:

Vick had starter talent, Kaep has back up talent. NFL will forgive damn near anything if you're able to produce enough.

3 hours ago, Flounch said:

Teams don't care about media circus, they recruit controversial players all the time. 

Teams bringing in controversial players = / = teams don’t care about a media circus. 

A guy like Watson is controversial. He gets brought in because the last time we saw him, he was a top 6ish QB. He’s worth the controversy. A backup QB isn’t.

• Like 2

No other player analogy works for Kaepernick.

He has done some very iffy things (look them all up and decide for yourself but you can't decide for the average fan or 40-60% of most fanbases or whatever) Kaepernick has shown no remorse for his warfare vs the NFL. There can be no moving on when a guy is still a negative force (to some or to many)

Watson is a weird one because he can't show remorse or it will cost him in lawsuits. He will get protested heavily I am sure.  If the suits are settled or won or lost and he is suspended then he would be smart to show remorse but it would be stupid to do so now.

Kaepernick is also unique in that the team that gives him a chance may be targeted by many if they don't make him the starter or cut him or do anything that you can do to any other player. Every player on his team may get attacked for not doing enough to support the pro-Kaep agenda of those rooting for him for non-football reasons. Lots of NFL players are political in various ways but a very very few are anti-NFL in their politics like he is.

6 hours ago, Flounch said:

If those players can help them win football games. There's a reason guys like Manziel, Kap, and Tebow didn't last long.