2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

In Shanahan's scheme, anyone was bodying the Rams in that role.

Why hasn't Kyle ever used anyone like that before then? Deebo is also younger and was balling with Jimmy G, borderline NFL QB. Adams/Hill had first ballot HOF throwing them the rock.

8 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Doesnt that sound like an injury waiting to happen?

If they try to use Hill like Deebo in Miami he will break like crystal dropped on the floor.

Tyreek is not skinny but Deebo has like 30 lbs on him.

18 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Doesnt that sound like an injury waiting to happen?

Injuries are a part of the game, in a best case scenario the guys they take at 10/38 combined will be as impactful as Deebo. Can't ask Zach Wilson to be great with Berrios and Coleman, lol.

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why hasn't Kyle ever used anyone like that before then? Deebo is also younger and was balling with Jimmy G, borderline NFL QB. Adams/Hill had first ballot HOF throwing them the rock.

He never had to. It was done out of necessity due to injuries to their RB2. 

5 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Seeing what Adams and Hopkins went for, that would be waaaayyy too much. Deebo is not in that class of WR imo.

Hopkins was sort of a weird outlier. Obviously there have been multiple receiver trades before and after that move and that value was an obscene outlier. 

I wouldn't be shocked if Deebo gets what Adams gets. Adams is going into his age 30 season. Starting to get treacherous in terms of age. Not at all atypical for receivers, even elite ones, to start to fall apart. While you don't expect the Raiders to just get one good year from Adams, it wouldn't be at all atypical. In fact, they seem to acknowledge that in the way they set up his contract (it's basically a 1 year, 23M dollar contract with an option to make it 2/48 next March before jsut going year to year). 

The expectation from Deebo shouldn't be that you're just going to get one quality year from him at 26. So while he's not as good as Adams, of course, he's capable of putting up similar numbers and you're likely to get two very cheap years out of him at the front of his contract because he still has one year left on his rookie deal. So talent as a receiver isn't as good, but age, immediate contract cap hits are positive in his favor. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Forge said:

Hopkins was sort of a weird outlier. Obviously there have been multiple receiver trades before and after that move and that value was an obscene outlier. 

I wouldn't be shocked if Deebo gets what Adams gets. Adams is going into his age 30 season. Starting to get treacherous in terms of age. Not at all atypical for receivers, even elite ones, to start to fall apart. While you don't expect the Raiders to just get one good year from Adams, it wouldn't be at all atypical. In fact, they seem to acknowledge that in the way they set up his contract (it's basically a 1 year, 23M dollar contract with an option to make it 2/48 next March before jsut going year to year). 

The expectation from Deebo shouldn't be that you're just going to get one quality year from him at 26. So while he's not as good as Adams, of course, he's capable of putting up similar numbers and you're likely to get two very cheap years out of him at the front of his contract because he still has one year left on his rookie deal. So talent as a receiver isn't as good, but age, immediate contract cap hits are positive in his favor. 

Fair. But the Jets aren't a "Deebo" away from being even a playoff contender. They need all of the assets they can get to add talent to that roster.

I think getting weapons for Zack Wilson is a priority, I wouldn't do it for a player like Deebo. Mike Evans, Keenan Allen, etc...sure. These are guys with huge catch radiuses, can win in man coverage, stretch the field, win jumpballs, etc. But Deebo excelled in this unique role that Shanahan carved out for him and I'm not sure it's something the Jets can replicate.

Keep the picks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Fair. But the Jets aren't a "Deebo" away from being even a playoff contender. They need all of the assets they can get to add talent to that roster.

I think getting weapons for Zack Wilson is a priority, I wouldn't do it for a player like Deebo. Mike Evans, Keenan Allen, etc...sure. These are guys with huge catch radiuses, can win in man coverage, stretch the field, win jumpballs, etc. But Deebo excelled in this unique role that Shanahan carved out for him and I'm not sure it's something the Jets can replicate.

Keep the picks. 

100% agree. Don't think that they should make the move at all. I get that they are hungry for the receiver improvement, but I wouldn't make that move. 

• Like 1