2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

22 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Oh no, billionaires have to pay for elite talent!

Yeah i’m not really commenting on owners vs players bank accounts or the economics of the league as a whole man lol i’m referencing the part where one team that has a ton of cap space because they suck gives a mediocre player an outrageous dopey deal which may cause teams that actually have good players and less cap to lose those better players as a result of said sucky/dopey team

But if you wanna completely eschew it into a weird billionaire vs millionaire economics debate go for it i guess lol i’m talking about the football side of it tho 

Edited by Ray Reed

8 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah i’m not really commenting on owners vs players bank accounts or the economics of the league as a whole man lol i’m referencing the part where one team that has a ton of cap space because they suck giving a mediocre player an outrageous dopey deal which may cause teams that actually have good players and less cap to lose those better players as a result of said sucky/dopey team

But if you wanna completely eschew it into a weird billionaire vs millionaire economics debate go for it i guess lol i’m talking about the football side of it tho 

Really went all scorched earth huh? 

Point is, the only players this is effecting is getting the top players at said position more money/resetting the top of the market, which is a good thing and something that should be happening given the fact how sought after and needed outside playmakers are in this day and age.

Kirk getting paid $18M per for 2 years caused guys like Deebo, AJ Brown, Davante Adams, etc. more money? So be it.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Really went scorched earth with the response huh?

Point is, the only players this is effecting is getting the top players at said position more money/resetting the top of the market, which is a good thing and something that should be happening given the fact how sought after and needed outside playmakers are in this day and age.

Kirk getting paid $18M per for 2 years caused guys like Deebo, AJ Brown, Davanate Adams, etc. more money? So be it.

Yeah I guess man idk...I feel like “we should all be happy when a team overpays a mediocre player because that means other players are going to make more, ha ha, down with billionaires am I right fellas” is sort of an odd defense mechanism when a team makes a financially imprudent decision but to each their own lol

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah I guess man idk...I feel like “we should all be happy when a team overpays a mediocre player because that means other players are going to make more, ha ha, down with billionaires am I right fellas” is sort of an odd defense mechanism when a team makes a financially imprudent decision but to each their own 

The projected $12M ballpark for Christian Kirk getting bloated to $18M and this take of mine regarding contracts/paying players more is definitely my coping mechanism for said contract. 

So who wouldve thought that the lowly Jags doing what the Jags do and overpaying for a receiver like Kirk would cause this massive chaos among other receivers. We have Adams getting traded and getting a huge deal, Hill getting traded and getting a huge deal and now Deebo, Brown, and McLaurin all want huge deals. Deebo wants out, Brown is looking like he will get traded, and then there is still Metcalf who is alost going to want to get a huge deal.

I sit back and Im so thankful for the Rams having a guy like Kupp who could do the same in terms of asking for the sun, moon, and the stars but he is basically saying he is not trying to beat anybody. He is not trying to compare himself to nobody. Now Im not saying everyone should have that same mindset bc I support guys like Deebo who want to get paid what he feels like he deserves. Im just saying it feels good as a Rams fan that Kupp is staying humble, focused on the main thing and thats winning and understanding that if he ask for 30+ mil a year it could hurt what the Rams are continuing to build which is sustained success. Plus he knows the Rams are going to take care of him so he dont have to go out and start screaming out loud to try to be the highest paid receiver ever. 

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

give him to Mac&Chee

The Pats need to jump on that but we know how Belichick is about paying receivers. You telling me he would have to give up alot of draft capital AND pay Deebo a ton of money. Thats not happening lol.

I would love to see Deebo go to ironically the Jags lol. Yes the Jags started this with Kirk but they can continue this with Deebo. Continue to give Lawrence more weapons. Lawrence supposed to be a generational type talent at the QB but he need players like Deebo to help him fully live up to his potential. And that could be a dangerous combo too. Lawrence to Deebo for many many years to come. 

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Jets should pony up for Deebo. Give Wilson weapons ASAP.

It's a very natural fit on the surface given their desire for a receiver, draft capital, and the staff obviously being very familiar with him. 

I imagine the Jets is where he ultimately ends up if all the reports are legit and he’s indeed destined to be moved.

Whats interesting is it doesn’t sound like they were willing to part with 10 for Tyreke, so I imagine we’re looking at the top of the 2nd round pick and another mid round pick or two? Maybe a high pick next year along with that 2?

Just now, .Buzz said:

I imagine the Jets is where he ultimately ends up if all those is legit and he’s indeed destined to be moved.

Whats interesting is it doesn’t sound like they were willing to part with 10 for Tyreke, so I imagine we’re looking at the top of the 2nd round pick and another mid round pick or two? Maybe a high pick next year along with that 2?

I'd imagine that it's a comparable deal to what they offered for Hill. 35 & 38 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'd imagine that it's a comparable deal to what they offered for Hill. 35 & 38 

Would imagine you’re probably correct. Keep forgetting they have 2 2’s as well. Definitely a prime team to move some capital for a proven weapon for Wilson. 

Wonder if they’d still go for a receiver at 10? Corey Davis would be what, WR4?

Just now, .Buzz said:

Would imagine you’re probably correct. Keep forgetting they have 2 2’s as well. Definitely a prime team to move some capital for a proven weapon for Wilson. 

Wonder if they’d still go for a receiver at 10? Corey Davis would be what, WR4?

Yeah, I think they would go elsewhere in that scenario. Edge and corner would make sense, edge and offensive line could work as well. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I think they would go elsewhere in that scenario. Edge and corner would make sense, edge and offensive line could work as well. 

Thibs/Sauce at 4 and Stingley/Jermaine Johnson at 10 is, imo, most ideal for them *if they get Deebo.