2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

4 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Na I rather not if you hate him that much I'll take your word on it and believe you because I can tell you're a passionate and knowledgeable Texas football fan (where even little league and HS football is a religion in TX).

Shocked about Watson. I've always thought he was becoming an easy target but looks like you know something that I don't. And he's a sexual pervert and massage therapist predator.

Yeah. A millionaire QB but can't find a regular woman/gf/spouse to give him relaxing massages but instead had to go out of his way to hunt for and pay massage therapist girls instead? Yeah. I kinda felt something was a little odd about that.

This site has 100 @ET80's. We are knowledgeable because we rely on eachother. You will fit in if you just stop trying to be the smartest kid in math class. Because youve now entered a forum where everyone is smart.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This site has 100 @ET80's. We are knowledgeable because we rely on eachother. You will fit in if you just stop trying to be the smartest kid in math class. Because youve now entered a forum where everyone is smart.

I remember when I stared at FF, I was so damn intimidated by everyone's knowledge wealth. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Na I rather not if you hate him that much I'll take your word on it and believe you because I can tell you're a passionate and knowledgeable Texas football fan (where even little league and HS football is a religion in TX).

I would highly recommend reading it - it’s a unique insight in how an NFL team is ran. We always think along the lines of the product on Sunday, but these are billion dollar organizations that are running 24/7/365. Nobody sleeps when you’re working for one of the 32, it’s a demanding mistress.

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Shocked about Watson. I've always thought he was becoming an easy target but looks like you know something that I don't. And he's a sexual pervert and massage therapist predator.

Tony Buzbee shared a LOT on social media - and the only question that comes up is “why would someone say that?” unless they had something to cover up.

Here’s my smoking gun:

2.png

Note the date - 03/30/2020 - before Watson signed his extension, before lawsuit’s started flooding in. If Watson was innocent… why is he apologizing for making things uncomfortable?

(As you can see, this is a rabbit hole I fall down pretty quickly - news will be incoming this Friday when Watson heads to court for the first time in relation to the cases, so we’ll resume that conversation later).

——-

As far as Free Agents - the Texans have roughly $15mm available, but about $35mm in dead cap due to Easterby/Nick Caserio cutting guys who didn’t “bend the knee” to the teams’ wishes; Midseason cuts of LB Zach Cunningham and LB Whitney Mercilius created about $25mm of that $35mm of dead cap, which were due to nothing more than “culture fits”.

To add to that, 27 of the 53 man roster were in contract years, so that’s 27 guys they’ll have to replace (majority of those guys were on one year “prove it” deals, so not much loss overall). Only real names worthy of note to consider resigning is DT Malik Collins, LB Kamu Grugier-Hill and FS Justin Reid (who is probably out the door, he had run-ins with the FO and was suspended a game for getting into a disagreement with former HC David Culley). 

The Texans can create cap room - trading away Watson, LT Laremy Tunsil, WR Brandin Cooks and cutting RT Marcus Cannon creates upwards of $55mm in cap space, so that’s a chunk of change to have. Any sort of cap relief is going to be used to bring in another batch of one year “Last Chance” sort of guys. It’s going to be another year of players most fans never heard of playing critical minutes. QB Davis Mills played well enough to have the inside track at QB, but I expect the Texans to give him some competition at QB - Teddy Bridgewater seems like a guy who would fit here culturally as well as stylistically, and I’m not putting it past the Texans to draft another QB this draft (my gut tells me Sam Howell in the 2nd, but we’ll see). 2023, the Texans should have a good cap situation and a bevy of picks from trades. That’ll be the real test on how this team will do.

54 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

40 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I remember when I stared at FF, I was so damn intimidated by everyone's knowledge wealth. 

This is all 100% true. None of us started out of the gates with the knowledge we started with, but we read more than we posted at first, we asked questions, we read some more, and we changed our thoughts where and when needed.

We love passionate fans and do what we can to learn and grow with each other - but it starts by checking egos at the door. Once that ego is in the coat check, you’ll be surprised on what you learn and how you evolve.

• Like 5

And we have our first significant update:

So that’s probably the biggest FA name along the OL locked up. I’m willing to bet it’s the Exclusive tag, so Baby Zeus isn’t leaving KC.

Question - if KC used the non-exclusive tag, would Cincinnati be crazy to negotiate and spend two FRPs for Brown Jr?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

So that’s probably the biggest FA name along the OL locked up. I’m willing to bet it’s the Exclusive tag, so Baby Zeus isn’t leaving KC.

Question - if KC used the non-exclusive tag, would Cincinnati be crazy to negotiate and spend two FRPs for Brown Jr?

They'd be insane. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I think it probably makes more sense to go after Tunsil if only because it's probably easier to facilitate a trade with a team that is rebuilding. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Interesting. There was a rumor earlier that the extension with him was going to be announced soon. Would have though that they would tag Davis

7 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.patspulpit.com/platform/amp/2022/3/1/22956214/patriots-2022-nfl-free-agency-profile-jc-jackson-cornerback

"In total, he saw action in all 17 regular season games as well as New England’s playoff loss in Buffalo. In those games while going up against opponents’ best receivers on a regular basis, Jackson surrendered 57 catches on 112 targets for 756 yards as well as three touchdowns. He also intercepted eight passes"

So you misquoted, gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up, shawty.

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd wait for a secondary source to just to say for sure as opposed to this hearsay, but if true, I'm pretty surprised. 

That Austin Hooper signing...not great. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

That Austin Hooper signing...not great. 

booo. 

Njoku was on my short list. I didnt think he had done enough for a tag. I might be undervaluing the TE market tho, it seems like even mediocre players are getting big deals.

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

booo. 

Njoku was on my short list. I didnt think he had done enough for a tag. I might be undervaluing the TE market tho, it seems like even mediocre players are getting big deals.

Here comes that Dalton Schultz franchise tag, baby! 

• Like 1