2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Ah, I'll never forget all those people who, even up until like a year or so ago, said Barkley was better than Chubb.

That draft legitimately went about as bad as it could have gone for them. 

That could have easily been Nelson / Chubb and instead they took Barkley / Hernandez, neither of whom may see a fifth year on the team. 

Simply incredible. 

I mean, hell...even if they took Darnold, if they had gotten as fed up with him like the Jets did, they at least would have gotten some draft capital back in trade (and avoided Daniel Jones the following year). 

• Like 5

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Chargers gonna be aggressive as hell from the sounds of it.

They need to. They have an alien for a QB who is on his rookie deal. The third year of his deal is winning time. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Blue said:

I can barely get the Saints under the cap on Spotrac with the players they have now, dunno how they could possibly swing Watson's $40m cap hit. But their cap guy is a genius, so can't rule it out.

The most shocking thing I have read this offseason was that the Saints could cut their entire roster outside of like 12 people and still be in the red by a large amount (I want to say it was ~$20-30m). They have managed to find cap hell in a time where every team knows how to make cap hell fake.

One more thing on the Saints and Texans.

The Texans have already sold cap space to the Saints twice.

(Roby and Ingram trades)

Its not impossible that they would convert 30-50 million of Watson's salary to a bonus, eat it, and get an extra 2nd and 4th round pick for it.

IMO there should be a rule against this but the NFL does not care so the Saints will continue to exploit it.

Edited by SkippyX

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The most shocking thing I have read this offseason was that the Saints could cut their entire roster outside of like 12 people and still be in the red by a large amount (I want to say it was ~$20-30m). They have managed to find cap hell in a time where every team knows how to make cap hell fake.

Its not fake, its just pushed into future years. 

They have pushed for 10 years.

Its a major reason why Dallas did not just convert Cooper's base and hope for the best next year.

Edited by SkippyX