Week 9 GDT

mcmurtry86

Just now, CKSteeler said:

On the Ramsey subject, I'm having a real hard time understanding why he was ejected. He shoved Green a bit. That happens all the time. The ejection is based on the fact that Green lost his cool and put him a headlock from behind? I didn't see him do anything in particular there.

The only way I could see them ejecting him there, is if he'd been chippy like that earlier in the game and the refs warned him, other than that all he needed was a personal foul.

3 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

On the Ramsey subject, I'm having a real hard time understanding why he was ejected. He shoved Green a bit. That happens all the time. The ejection is based on the fact that Green lost his cool and put him a headlock from behind? I didn't see him do anything in particular there.

I dunno man, killing Patriclus is a definitely ejection-worthy.

9 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Yeah I do believe some motivate better than others but in sports I think it matters very little for a number of reasons. It's just a lazy excuse when we can't explain something. 

I disagree. The Rams are a perfect example of why the argument holds merit. Players with Fisher vs players with McVay? Night and day. Theyre playing harder. Theyre playing smarter. Theyre playing more disciplined. You could see it by the mid point of the season last year that coaching was a huge issue. Players were flat. Disinterested. Unmotivated. Playing dumb. Committing dumb penalties. 

You could argue it's overused. Or people are too quick to jump to that conclusion. But it is absolutely an argument that is based in reality. And player preparation is a huge component in team sports. Particularly at the highest level, where the slightest advantage or disadvantage is magnified on the field.

Archived