What are the Bengals holes?

Johnny Nix

OL, LB, Uzo is a good TE. But if they upgraded that with like a Gesicki or even Njoku, that offense would be legit 5 deep with game changing skill position

I like Wilson at LB, but outside of him, they are very light there. Like their Dline with Hill, Reader,Hubbard and Henderickson all good. Prolly need more depth there. Secondary is set. I like Jalen Davis and if he got more snaps would prolly take Apple's job.

The last spot is QB. 😬

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Seeing ghost maybe not the term that is most accurate, but it seems like he doesnt know what to do when under duress. Like Rodgers knows what to do - he is going to throw it out of bounds. Brady is going to dump it short. Allen is going to run it. 

Burrow just takes the negative play. 

When you say ghost, you’re basically calling Burrow Sam Darnold 😆

shame on you GIF by cerecdoctors

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

That’s part of what makes him who he is. He’s willing to hold onto the ball until the last second. I feel like the Tennessee game must be the only game you’ve watched him, because he’s made a ton of unbelievable plays this year doing just that. 

3 minutes ago, Xenos said:

When you say ghost, you’re basically calling Burrow Sam Darnold 😆

shame on you GIF by cerecdoctors

Johnny Nix just called him Carson Wentz. Is that better?

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Seeing ghost maybe not the term that is most accurate, but it seems like he doesnt know what to do when under duress. Like Rodgers knows what to do - he is going to throw it out of bounds. Brady is going to dump it short. Allen is going to run it. 

Not sure where this is coming from. The more you watch the more you will realize this isn’t true.

On 2/5/2022 at 2:40 PM, BayRaider said:

OL obviously as everyone else has mentioned. Burrow is gonna have a 5 year career if he keeps getting hit this much. 

As for outside the OL.. could use a LB upgrade and an EDGE upgrade from Hubbard. Hubbard isn't bad but pretty average. Teams with two great EDGE's can dominate in this league. Hendrickson is a stud. 

Id say they need about 4 o line, a lb, te all before upgrading an avg (above avg for 2nd) edge player

17 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

If you’re interested:

• Like 1

Pocket Awareness is a blanket statement. He might be great at sliding in the pocket and taking the time he has on some throws. He has not mastered the when to get rid of the ball and try on the next play yet.

He held the ball way too long all game long vs Tennessee. He won because he got away from 2-3 guys trying to sack him like 3 or 4 times and made some huge plays. He won because Tannehill imploded and Tennessee got cute on a 3rd and 1 with a QB option.

He's still an impressive young QB playing in a Super Bowl in year 2 but he's not exactly Tom Brady yet.

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Pocket Awareness is a blanket statement. He might be great at sliding in the pocket and taking the time he has on some throws. He has not mastered the when to get rid of the ball and try on the next play yet.

Pocket awareness is the innate ability to feel pressure. You’re talking about decision making (within the pocket). 

OL is the main, and obvious one. No one can argue that at all.

I do think play calling is a big opportunity, though. As great as Burrow, Chase, and co have been, it really doesn't feel like Taylor does much of anything to make it easy on them. Each game I watched the team seems so reliant on basically go routes on the outside, and the belief that Burrow's accuracy combined with their receivers ability on contested catches would just make it work. And it often does. Throw in some reliable inside targets for short passes, and that'll get them decently far. But I don't look at their offense and see the kind of stuff you get from LAR, KC, SF, or even Buffalo in terms of creating easier opportunities. They don't do well masking their OL deficiencies, for instance. They ran on first down so many freaking times against us, and it literally like never worked. It feels like Burrow and Chase and Higgins are playing fantastic football this postseason, but they're really not scoring all that much, they don't have a particularly high success rate on drives, and I feel like this is why.

I think the defense is a bit of the opposite. I think they're much more sound schematically than they are talented. And I actually think you're better off that way, as long as the DC sticks around. I would be a little worried if they lose Bates this offseason, though. He'd be a tough one to replace, IMO. They'll have the money for it, though.

• Like 2