What are the Bengals holes?

Johnny Nix

OL obviously as everyone else has mentioned. Burrow is gonna have a 5 year career if he keeps getting hit this much. 

As for outside the OL.. could use a LB upgrade and an EDGE upgrade from Hubbard. Hubbard isn't bad but pretty average. Teams with two great EDGE's can dominate in this league. Hendrickson is a stud. 

Aside from their OL, I think their corner situation is “meh”. Apple has somehow been above average and I love their safety duo, but those spots will likely need addressed going forward. Their interior DL isn’t bad, but it’s okay at best.

They honestly couldn’t go wrong picking all interior linemen on both sides of the ball.

• Like 1

The holes are pretty obvious - there's five of them, and they're right in front of Burrow. Basically, they need to drive garbage trucks full of money up to Terron Armstead's house, sign Jensen if the Bucs don't tag him, then go OL heavy in the draft. Then at least you have an LT to keep Burrow's blindside clear, a veteran center with playoff experience and can teach the draft picks, and hopefully some young blood to learn from them.

Ben and Brady are gone, Mahomes' contract is about to kick in, Allen's too. With both Burrow and Chase on rookie deals the Bengals should go all in for this window of opportunity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Aside from their OL, I think their corner situation is “meh”. Apple has somehow been above average and I love their safety duo, but those spots will likely need addressed going forward. Their interior DL isn’t bad, but it’s okay at best.

They honestly couldn’t go wrong picking all interior linemen on both sides of the ball.

Funny enough, their corners and interior DL are what they spent the most money in FA the last two seasons trying to fix.

In the few games I have seen its been the OL and Joe's inexperience with how to handle pressure. 

No QB can consistently win when pressured. But it seems like Burrow just needs experience, because sometimes "ghost" chase him into a bad sack/throw/general mistake. The defense has been solid. His skills positions have been killer (YAC has been like 1/3 of his production these playoffs). So all the major pieces are there, aside from the OL and Joe's inexperience. 

44 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

In the few games I have seen its been the OL and Joe's inexperience with how to handle pressure. 

No QB can consistently win when pressured. But it seems like Burrow just needs experience, because sometimes "ghost" chase him into a bad sack/throw/general mistake. The defense has been solid. His skills positions have been killer (YAC has been like 1/3 of his production these playoffs). So all the major pieces are there, aside from the OL and Joe's inexperience. 

I don’t think he’s seeing ghosts. If he shares the blame then it’s more about holding on to the ball too long to try to make a play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I don’t know what you’re looking at regarding Burrow. His pocket movement and keeping the play alive are literally his best strengths. Him extending plays are the majority of our explosive plays this year. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I think you need to watch more, because Burrow feels the pocket extremely well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

I don’t think he’s seeing ghosts. If he shares the blame then it’s more about holding on to the ball too long to try to make a play. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Nix said:

I don’t know what you’re looking at regarding Burrow. His pocket movement and keeping the play alive are literally his best strengths. Him extending plays are the majority of our explosive plays this year. 

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

I think you need to watch more, because Burrow feels the pocket extremely well.

Seeing ghost maybe not the term that is most accurate, but it seems like he doesnt know what to do when under duress. Like Rodgers knows what to do - he is going to throw it out of bounds. Brady is going to dump it short. Allen is going to run it. 

Burrow just takes the negative play. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Seeing ghost maybe not the term that is most accurate, but it seems like he doesnt know what to do when under duress. Like Rodgers knows what to do - he is going to throw it out of bounds. Brady is going to dump it short. Allen is going to run it. 

Burrow just takes the negative play. 

That’s part of what makes him who he is. He’s willing to hold onto the ball until the last second. I feel like the Tennessee game must be the only game you’ve watched him, because he’s made a ton of unbelievable plays this year doing just that. 

• Like 1