49ers hire Anthony Lynn as Assistant Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

You think he'll get a second chance?

I didn't care for him either but maybe others feel differently.

I know he's pretty well respected it seems like, but I'm not sure how people feel about him as a head coach for the most part. I guess it's possible that he will, but for some reason, I feel like the general consensus was he was pretty underwhelming to most people as a head coach. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Forge said:

I know he's pretty well respected it seems like, but I'm not sure how people feel about him as a head coach for the most part. I guess it's possible that he will, but for some reason, I feel like the general consensus was he was pretty underwhelming to most people as a head coach. 

This is probably the best landing spot for Lynn. It’ll be a nice way to improve his offensive play calling skills especially after what happened last year with Detroit. I think people forget that he was only a play caller for less than a year before we hired him as our HC. I think he also always loved the Shanahan scheme because of his days playing for Kyle’s father. He couldn’t implement it while Rivers was the QB, but did a modified version Herbert’s rookie year.

Edit: as a HC, he was just too conservative. He loved running the ball even when we couldn’t run it at all. His downfall was probably being so loyal to George Stewart our ST coach.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Xenos said:

This is probably the best landing spot for Lynn. It’ll be a nice way to improve his offensive play calling skills especially after what happened last year with Detroit. 

Just seemed like Lynn doesn't have a real knack for it. Felt bland,stiff and his lack of trust in Goff torpedoed his own offense.

He definitely earned the demotion in Detroit. 

40 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Just seemed like Lynn doesn't have a real knack for it. Felt bland,stiff and his lack of trust in Goff torpedoed his own offense.

Like I said, he only had less than a year of play calling as a coordinator. Working with Kyle will hopefully make him better.

I'm surprised he took an assistant job with the 49ers when he's proven HC material. Maybe he wants to ease back into the league. Or maybe he thinks the Niners could go all the way. And to be fair, I think they absolutely can if they land a good QB soon.

5 hours ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

The 2nd best offensive mind in the league didn’t even wanna coach Goff and was held back by him.