Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 23 - Taco Bowl XXIII POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I didn't think it was "lose a home game, gain a tag and get a near-guaranteed win". 

That's where I disagree. There's been locations I've signed up for that would end up helping my opponents have a better chance against my team. I'm positive there have been locations that favored road teams, allowing them to sneak a win that otherwise may not have happened.

Forcing your team away from your HFA settings means you are willingly hampering your own team. That's why there's a tag provided for it - each team gets 8 home games at their "optimized" football setting, and its risky to throw that home game away in the pursuit of playoffs. Could it work out in an even more unbalanced matchup? Possibly. But that road game would be no different than an owner setting their home stadium to extreme settings and having to travel there for a game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

That's where I disagree. There's been locations I've signed up for that would end up helping my opponents have a better chance against my team. I'm positive there have been locations that favored road teams, allowing them to sneak a win that otherwise may not have happened.

Forcing your team away from your HFA settings means you are willingly hampering your own team. That's why there's a tag provided for it - each team gets 8 home games at their "optimized" football setting, and its risky to throw that home game away in the pursuit of playoffs. Could it work out in an even more unbalanced matchup? Possibly. But that road game would be no different than an owner setting their home stadium to extreme settings and having to travel there for a game.

Which is fair, and perhaps I don't fully understand the impact that the moon would have on the passing game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Which is fair, and perhaps I don't fully understand the impact that the moon would have on the passing game.

I'd imagine there's no risk of rain, snow, or wind to impact accuracy, etc.

Maybe gravity plays a role, increased distance for throws? 

It's always interesting to see what locations Nacho comes up with each season. Sometimes it's off the wall, sometimes it's revisiting an old location for a past franchise.