Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+) New episodes on Wednesday

Acgott

The obvious solution is sending Ahsoka, who is already working for Bail at this point to protect Luke. I’m just hoping she was too far away on another mission to help rescue Leia or Luke. I really don’t want Obiwan to have a talking to Reva on Tatooine or a turn to the light side.

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Satisfying end, strangely almost seemed to be setting up for a lot of spin-offs or a follow up 

I think we see Roken again in something, this clearly set him up as a leader.

I could see a series around teen age Leia

Third sister is redeemed and in the wind, she could turn up as a more interesting morally gray area protagonist against the empire.

• Like 3

Ok, my thoughts on the finale.  If you don't want spoilers than why the hell are in this thread?

• Loved the final confrontation between Vader and Obi-Wan.  They were in a tight spot needing that confrontation, but also needing both to come out of it alive, and I think they managed it about as well as one could hope.  Loved Obi-Wan feeling the force and the rock barrage, it showed him as Vader's equal, which I always felt he was.  You are always going to come back to the dilemma that Obi-Wan could have save a LOT of lives had he ended Vader there, but that is also not who Obi-Wan was.  The part where the mask is half off and the voice is flittering between Anakin and Vader was a great touch, and I like that we got Vader saying it was him who killed Anakin in Anakin's voice

• They really did a nice job of casting for Leia, at least in terms of appearance.  I can really see her as a cross of Portman and Fisher.  Not the best acting job, but i've seen far worse from child actors and I think the material got a lot better as the series went along and it really helped.  It really does make sense that Leia and Luke are pretty small 10 year olds given that Hammill and Fisher were both pretty short, as Portman is as well, so despite Anakin being tall, you can always bring the height back to Portman being tiny.
  • Third sister's storyline also got a lot better as the story progressed.  The last two episodes really did shine through for this series in almost every aspect, but especially for this character. The best decision they made for her was that it was her choosing not to be like Vader and not some sort of pep talk from Obi-Wan.  Leaving that to her own internal turmoil and trauma was definitely a wise decision.

• Joel Edgerton is always awesome, and the actress playing Beru did a nice job as well

• The last scene with Obi-Wan and Leia together could have been really hokey, but I think the writing there was good and it worked.  Talking about the qualities Leia has in similar with both her parents and how it goes on to describe Leia in Eps 4-6 was a particularly nice touch.

• Had to get that "Hello there" in there with Luke, lol.  It's right in my nostalgia wheelhouse, so i'm always a sucker for that line.

• I was waiting for Qui-Gon to turn up all season, and finally got my wish.  I thought it might have happened in the ship before the Vader confrontation, but I think as a nice send off was a good touch.  I couldn't help but notice that the D+ description called it the "Season Finale" and not the "Series Finale".  Getting the finer points might be tough, but i'd love to see a season 2 with a more graying Obi-Wan and more involvement with Neeson as Qui-Gon.  Vader has to stay out of it though.  Could maybe still incorporate Leia.

All in all I very much enjoyed this.  A little shaky at the start, but a series I felt got progressively stronger with every episode

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

After years of not practicing the force and barely being able to use the light saber, Obi One Is able to destroy Darth Vader like a week later...

ETA: This is a 10 year jump? 

Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Episode-3.jpg?q=50&fit=cr

Actually only a 7 year jump.  They should have put a little more gray in his hair for this season, but i've seen people age rapidly over a similar timespan before.

I think the show did a decent job of the first confrontation being a mixture of panic, fear, and rust as to why Obi-Wan was how he was then.  It was basically him having a panic attack.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

Actually only a 7 year jump.  They should have put a little more gray in his hair for this season, but i've seen people age rapidly over a similar timespan before.

I think the show did a decent job of the first confrontation being a mixture of panic, fear, and rust as to why Obi-Wan was how he was then.  It was basically him having a panic attack.

You've seen people go from a middle aged man to a senior citizen in 7 years?

The show takes place over like a month right? Disney continuously makes Jedi's super OP while completely crapping on Sith.

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You've seen people go from a middle aged man to a senior citizen in 7 years?

Essentially, yes.  I've watched all my parents friends age and some of them aged hard.  Life comes at you fast.  Hell, i'm 41 now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Essentially, yes.  I've watched all my parents friends age and some of them aged hard.  Life comes at you fast.  Hell, i'm 41 now.

Actually Ewan McGregor is 51 and the OG actor was 60 when they made a New Hope so it makes sense, lol.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Ok, my thoughts on the finale.  If you don't want spoilers than why the hell are in this thread?

• Loved the final confrontation between Vader and Obi-Wan.  They were in a tight spot needing that confrontation, but also needing both to come out of it alive, and I think they managed it about as well as one could hope.  Loved Obi-Wan feeling the force and the rock barrage, it showed him as Vader's equal, which I always felt he was.  You are always going to come back to the dilemma that Obi-Wan could have save a LOT of lives had he ended Vader there, but that is also not who Obi-Wan was.  The part where the mask is half off and the voice is flittering between Anakin and Vader was a great touch, and I like that we got Vader saying it was him who killed Anakin in Anakin's voice

I just don't get how he went from barely being able to use a light saber or the force and then within a week is whooping on the strongest force user ever...

Just now, NYRaider said:

I just don't get how he went from barely being able to use a light saber or the force and then within a week is whooping on the strongest force user ever...

I think you're over thinking it.  It had been 10 years plus he found out that his best friend/brother/protege he thought he killed was still alive.  Kick off the rust, come to grips with the past, add in a little muscle memory.  Most movies are going to fail this kind of test if you put logic to it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

I think you're over thinking it.  It had been 10 years plus he found out that his best friend/brother/protege he thought he killed was still alive.  Kick off the rust, come to grips with the past, add in a little muscle memory.  Most movies are going to fail this kind of test if you put logic to it.

Disney's take on Star Wars has regularly allowed Jedi that weren't strong with the force to whoop Sith who were supposed to be extremely well trained/powerful. Just takes away from the stakes,  imo.