A couple fun football games

BayRaider

If you are into simulation/stat games where it’s like OOTP: 

Pro Football Strategy 2022 for PC and Mac. In these type of games like OOTP you don’t play, you manage roster and GM aspects. It’s like a normal Franchise Mode on a console game on steroids. You can also watch the games in 2D just like OOTP or Big Win Football. This game has a longggg way to go before it’s anywhere close to OOTP, but it’s a lot better than games like Axis Football, Wolverine Pro Day Sports Football, and Doug Flutie Football. 

If you are into gameplay and fun mobile games:

Retro Football for iOS and Android

Gameplay is a lot of fun and I love the old school feel. You can definitely get lost on this game for hours. A whole season wouldn’t take more than 4-5 hours as they are quick games. Don’t go looking for any advanced features like a good franchise mode, this game is for gameplay. 

Both have 50x more fun factor than Madden. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

On 2/14/2022 at 1:07 AM, Malfatron said:

NFL Head Coach 06 is a pretty great game.

I prefer it to everything except tecmo super bowl games

They need to make another one since its clear Madden will never have a good franchise mode.

Wont happen....but we can dream.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Pro Football Strategy is one that I'll keep my eye on. I've played hundreds of hours of OOTP over the years and I've been desperately hoping that we would eventually get a football game that's anywhere close to it.

Just a one man developer team so don’t expect much. OOTP has double digit guys. But I like it a lot better than Wolverine Studios. Their games suck imo. 

13 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I miss the old EA Sports NCAA Football Games.  

The presentation was ahead of it's time. 

I miss those so much as well. I'd love to just get an updated version of NCAA 14. 

Unfortunately I have no faith in EA to not just give us a reskinned, light on features version of Madden when they release the new one. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lions017 said:

I miss those so much as well. I'd love to just get an updated version of NCAA 14. 

Unfortunately I have no faith in EA to not just give us a reskinned, light on features version of Madden when they release the new one. 

I've noticed signs in the crowd that say "Who's got it better than us?"

That was a slogan from the Jim Harbaugh led 49ers.. its like they are mocking us by releasing the same game every year

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, scar988 said:

yeah, but after a while, it wasn't fun anymore.

I was HOOKED for about 3 or 4 years. Half the battle was figuring out what worked and didn't. Catch22 ruined a lot of what we already assumed revealing a lot, and leaving Beta hurt. Otherwise man that was fun.