What will we do about the Oline?

theJ

If we let La'el Collins get cut, that's a massive L for us.  Trading a 5th or something and taking on a risk free $10 million/year RT with 3 controllable years is a no brainer.  We could cut him at any time with no dead cap because Dallas would eat that in a trade.

30 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

If we let La'el Collins get cut, that's a massive L for us.  Trading a 5th or something and taking on a risk free $10 million/year RT with 3 controllable years is a no brainer.  We could cut him at any time with no dead cap because Dallas would eat that in a trade.

Absolutely. I don't want him to hit FA. I doubt he gets less than the 10 million and its a great structure. 

Daryl Williams was just cut by Buffalo. I believe we had interest in him last year before he resigned. Will be 30 when season starts. Experience at RT and some G

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Center options:

Ted Karras, NE
Bradley Bozeman, BAL
BJ Finney, PIT
Trey Hopklins, CIN

Those are about the best options we have

Don't forget Ben Jones from the Titans. He's graded out as a top 10 center the last 3 years. The knock on him is he's 33 but he's still playing well. Brian Allen from the Rams would also be an option and Taylor might have inside info on him. He's been hurt most of the prior 2 years but played well in 2021. He's a good pass blocker, not a good run blocker. 

45 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Dallas doesn't save much cap space by cutting Collins so it would be for other reasons. That would be a big red flag. He's missed 21 of their last 33 games. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Dallas doesn't save much cap space by cutting Collins so it would be for other reasons. That would be a big red flag. He's missed 21 of their last 33 games. 

There's injury concerns.  If he gets cut, it's because no one else is offering anything for him either.

Still interesting options at center, but Bozeman may not be a big enough upgrade to justify the pay. Will be interesting to see what Jones and Allen sign for. I'd take either of them,  but we may be looking at keep Hopkins and sign a corner and dt, then look at the draft or released players to fill out the offensive line spots we missed on. These raised expectations are giving me a heart attack.  Or maybe it's all the coffee.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

I like it.  27 years old, 74.2 PFF grade last year, is a RG which will push Carman into competition on the left side where I think he is more comfortable, has a ring playing with Brady, and we actually did something quickly.

Saw our biggest weakness and immediately addressed it. Dude tried to play with a broken leg in 2020 wildcard game. Pollack wanted a glass eater. There you go 

2 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Saw our biggest weakness and immediately addressed it. Dude tried to play with a broken leg in 2020 wildcard game. Pollack wanted a glass eater. There you go 

That's like a molten glass eater.  It's not glass eating if it isn't 800°

• Like 1