What will we do about the Oline?

theJ

19 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

This would allow us to continue developing Smith as our swing tackle though, because the odds of The Jonah and Collins both playing 17 healthy games the next three years are slim.

I'd be good with that.  But I also would be good with Prince in that role as well.  

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

My bad.  I meant as the jumbo 6th guy.  He did alright in that role  before being forced to start.

That;'s what i get for trying to type while giving a verbal quiz

I'd like someone a little less awful in that role. I have long not been a fan of Isaiah Prince. Initially I typed that i wasn't a Prince fan, which is a lie, since Prince was amazing.  Anyway,  Prince v Adeneji for OT4 is fine

Edited by Beck Bristow
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

I wouldn't want to do a 1, but if the trade happens and seeing what they got from the Browns I don't see me being annoyed with with the cost.

The difference is the Browns ate his contract, Dallas wanted that money off the books. Not many teams were gonna line up to do that. Collins is gonna have a lot of teams lined up 

52 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

It's somewhat weird we have been so quiet. No internal re-signings and while there are rumors, no moves. I for some reason have my heart set on getting Collins. Don't let me down front office 

It seems like a really good fit. Hope we pull it off.

Here's what I think the front office is thinking/actually doing.

If the Jensen rumors are true, then there's the center.  Then they either go after a free agent RG (my hope is daniels) or take their chances with Hopkins.  I hope it's the former.  Maybe they restructure Hopkins to keep him as depth across the interior.  If the rumors are not true, then we go after Bozeman or just keep Hopkins, who improved second half, but not enough gfopr my liking.

Then they pencil in Carman at LG, while keeping Spain around another year as insurance.  They do the exact same thing with D'ante Smith at RT, while keeping Reiff another year for the same reason.

They spend the rest of their free agent money on Hill, CB and TE.  Extend some roster depth guys then head to the draft to get younger on defense.