What will we do about the Oline?

theJ

I still want Collins.  We make that trade and I see Mixon with 1600 yards and a first round bye.  Allows us to go BPA 

LT  Jonah.                   
RT Carman/ Spain.     
C. Karras. 
RT Capps.   
LT Collins   
TE Shultz (or is it too late)

2 hours ago, Who-dey said:

I still want Collins.  We make that trade and I see Mixon with 1600 yards and a first round bye.  Allows us to go BPA 

LT  Jonah.                   
RT Carman/ Spain.     
C. Karras. 
RT Capps.   
LT Collins   
TE Shultz (or is it too late)

I'm very interested in Collins. Shultz was franchised in Dallas and after letting CJ walk it is safe to assume they are not about to pay for a TE 

54 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I may be alone in this, but I don't think we're screwed if we go into 2022 with Drew Sample as TE1 and a draft pick as TE2. Given a starting role I think we get 80-90% of Uzomah's on field production with better run blocking from Sample.

I think they need a legit receiving guy tho.  OJ Howard on a prove it deal and a guy like Isaiah Likely on day 3 of the draft.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I think they need a legit receiving guy tho.  OJ Howard on a prove it deal and a guy like Isaiah Likely on day 3 of the draft.

And i'm certainly not against that, I just don't think we're up **** creek if we don't

14 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

I dont think they go into the year with Sample as TE1. They will sign someone. 

End of the day they won't play the cap games most teams play and likely "run out of money" and TE will be prioritized behind CB and RT.  Could even see it behind a surprise signing kind of like Bell was if they see good value somewhere.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

End of the day they won't play the cap games most teams play and likely "run out of money" and TE will be prioritized behind CB and RT.  Could even see it behind a surprise signing kind of like Bell was if they see good value somewhere.

Very true. I wonder if they were shocked by CJ leaving or not. Depends what they were offering I guess. Heck it might be a 1 year deal with Kyle Rudolph for all we know 

1 minute ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Very true. I wonder if they were shocked by CJ leaving or not. Depends what they were offering I guess. Heck it might be a 1 year deal with Kyle Rudolph for all we know 

I'd be shocked if we didn't get a chance to match and politely declined, Uzomah was loved here by the brass, the locker room, the press, and the fans and just went to the Super Bowl.  About the only things NYJ could offer more of would be money and a chance to get big city media contacts because Uzomah is 100% going to be on TV somewhere when his playing days are over.

10 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I'd be shocked if we didn't get a chance to match and politely declined, Uzomah was loved here by the brass, the locker room, the press, and the fans and just went to the Super Bowl.  About the only things NYJ could offer more of would be money and a chance to get big city media contacts because Uzomah is 100% going to be on TV somewhere when his playing days are over.

I think it was most likely a "not yet" situation.  They wanted to fill a couple more spots before they locked up CJ. Doing it now would have limited flexibility and CJ took what was available.  Can't blame either side, really.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

I may be alone in this, but I don't think we're screwed if we go into 2022 with Drew Sample as TE1 and a draft pick as TE2. Given a starting role I think we get 80-90% of Uzomah's on field production with better run blocking from Sample.

You're not alone. I'm fine with that if that's how it shakes out. TE isn't a big part of this offense anyway.