What will we do about the Oline?

theJ

32 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

I love getting Tunsil. I don't see it happening. But go for it, lets protect Joe

I probably wouldn't want to give a first for him, even though he's probably worth it and that's likely the cost. I think there's good players to be had there and those good players on rookie contracts are super valuable. Obviously,  if we make that trade, I'd be happy because it would give us a nice pair of young tackles, but it doesn't solve our biggest issues, which are interior line and depth.

Just now, Beck Bristow said:

I probably wouldn't want to give a first for him, even though he's probably worth it and that's likely the cost. I think there's good players to be had there and those good players on rookie contracts are super valuable. Obviously,  if we make that trade, I'd be happy because it would give us a nice pair of young tackles, but it doesn't solve our biggest issues, which are interior line and depth.

I don't disagree with this overall. I would just like to see the team be aggressive and bring in top end players on the line. Ideally I wouldn't give up 31, but I don't think a deal gets done without it. I am honestly OK bringing back Reiff at RT if you sign 2 top end Guards. 

2 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

I don't disagree with this overall. I would just like to see the team be aggressive and bring in top end players on the line. Ideally I wouldn't give up 31, but I don't think a deal gets done without it. I am honestly OK bringing back Reiff at RT if you sign 2 top end Guards. 

I like Reiff, but he can't be pur only move at tackle. We need to bring in as many as 7 new offensive lineman this year. I'd be happier with quality starters and backups over top end starters and cheap backups.

16 hours ago, fluhartz said:

yes please

No thanks.  Tunsil is likely better than Williams but he's not as good as Armstead or Brown. He also has a 19 mil contract. We shouldn't trade a 1st round pick for that. Maybe trade a 2nd or 3rd for someone like Ramczyk or Havenstein if we don't find a tackle we like in FA. 

8 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

No thanks.  Tunsil is likely better than Williams but he's not as good as Armstead or Brown. He also has a 19 mil contract. We shouldn't trade a 1st round pick for that. Maybe trade a 2nd or 3rd for someone like Ramczyk or Havenstein if we don't find a tackle we like in FA. 

He may not be as good. but Armstead is a FA that will have a ton of suitors. And Brown is not likely leaving KC. 19 mill for a LT who is 28 isn't bad. It is less than you would pay both the other guys and the big thing is the lack of a signing bonus and guaranteed money for the Bengals. 

2 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

He may not be as good. but Armstead is a FA that will have a ton of suitors. And Brown is not likely leaving KC. 19 mill for a LT who is 28 isn't bad. It is less than you would pay both the other guys and the big thing is the lack of a signing bonus and guaranteed money for the Bengals. 

That and pick 31 is in essence a 2nd round pick

Houston traded 2 first rounders and a day 2 pick for Tunsil. Then gave him a big contract. I doubt they will trade him for a 1st. Even if they are willing, we shouldn't accept that offer. LT is the one position where we are at least average on the O-line. If we somehow fix the other positions and have a lot of money left over, then we could think about trades. 

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Houston traded 2 first rounders and a day 2 pick for Tunsil. Then gave him a big contract. I doubt they will trade him for a 1st. Even if they are willing, we shouldn't accept that offer. LT is the one position where we are at least average on the O-line. If we somehow fix the other positions and have a lot of money left over, then we could think about trades. 

Unless you are trading Jonah, you move him to one of those other spots, no?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Houston as an organization is generally pretty inept though.  I could see them making the deal.

17 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Jonah can play RT. We can upgrade 2 positions at a time with Tunsil.