Week 10: VIKINGS (6-2) at Washington (4-4)

swede700

20 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

I believe Mike Zimmer coached teams are 0-3 off a bye week, and also winless after an extended break between games. Not feeling a win, either way, here.

They won the game after the Dallas debacle last year (vs. Jax) and beat Chicago after the loss in AZ in 2015 where there was 10 days in-between...and he isn't 0-3, as they beat KC after the bye in 2015.    I think he's better than your perception.  

14 hours ago, Klomp said:

Nope.

Won coming out of the bye in 2015, and also coming off a TNF game that year. Also won coming off TNF last year.

1-2 off bye, 2-1 going from Thursday to Sunday.

It appears I am wrong, then. Hopefully they can get this one, Washington doesn't have a phenomenal home field advantage. It's going to be close, no matter what.

2 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Why would anyone want to watch the Bears - Packers game outside of those in Wisconsin or Chicago?

Because there are Packers fans every where? And the other options are actually good, minus maybe the Bengals and the Titans with how bad the Bengals have been.

13 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Oh dear lord.

That's going to be a horrible football game.

Well, it may get over early, as the Bears don't pass the ball, and the Packers might actually be forced to run it since Hundley can't throw it either.  Still, I was flabbergasted when I saw that listed as the primary noon game.  I guess they figure that with the historical rivalry people will still watch it...but I think they'll turn it off quickly when it harkens them back to the Vince Evans-Lynn Dickey days.  

The sad thing is that it could be a decently close game, because neither team has that much offensive skill at this point. Unless the Bears can run the ball like no ones business against the Packers. For fans of the NFL, they should hope it's a blow-out so FOX can do what CBS did last week and change away from a blow-out to get to a more compelling game.

Go Bears!  And if Packers/Bears draws Buck all the better for the ears of Vikings fans. Buck and Aikman would do the Bears game if that is the one they are televising in non-local markets, right? I look forward to the prospect watching the Vikings without being subjected to Joe Buck's announcing.

1 minute ago, Cearbhall said:

Go Bears!  And if Packers/Bears draws Buck all the better for the ears of Vikings fans. Buck and Aikman would do the Bears game if that is the one they are televising in non-local markets, right? I look forward to the prospect watching the Vikings without being subjected to Joe Buck's announcing.

Buck/Aikman have the second game, Dallas at Atlanta.

Packers/Bears gets Brennaman/Spielman. We get Burkhardt/Davis.

I'm hoping we still get Fox up here  . . . damn GCI sold rights of Fox to some other service, so the only way to get it is through dish, unless they re-contract and jack their rates up . . . sometimes being in AK isn't all that beautiful.  But at least this move makes me get out into the cold, dark mornings at 0850 hrs to get to a place that carries NFL Sunday Ticket . . . woooo hoooo!!!!!

Archived