GB free agency 2022

squire12

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Berrios is a starting slot. He'll catch more balls next year than MVS or Kirk.

He started, um, 1 game  and had 5 games over 50% of snaps on a team that was depleted at WR.

He might project as a starting slot.  More likely he's the next adam humphries

I know there are a lot of extenuating circumstances, but it feels bad to be committing long term to the inferior player in Preston Smith Over Za'darius Smith.

We're 1 year removed from Z being the obvious top 2 defender on this team, and a clear top 20 defender in the league.

Edited by skibrett15
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I know there are a lot of extenuating circumstances, but it feels bad to be committing long term to the inferior player in Preston Smith Over Za'darius Smith.

We're 1 year removed from Z being the obvious top 2 defender on this team, and a clear top 20 defender in the league.

Preston is actually the more all-around player. Z offers a lot more as a dominant pass rusher (especially inside) but people forget just how good Preston is against the run (when he's trying like 2021 versus 2020). 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Preston is actually the more all-around player. Z offers a lot more as a dominant pass rusher (especially inside) but people forget just how good Preston is against the run (when he's trying like 2021 versus 2020). 

All around player is fine and all.  Z is the better player for the reason in bold.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

All around player is fine and all.  Z is the better player for the reason in bold.

Sure. I loved Z from the moment we signed him. Might be my favorite FA signing ever as a Packers fan. But he was never coming back here, that was set in stone last year around training camp when he didn't get his extension, got pissed, then got hurt, then had surgery, etc. There was a big rift between him and GB and it was pretty obvious even when MLF was talking about him around the beginning of the season. At that point, Z was leaving (hence why he posted a goodbye IG post literally a day or two after the SF loss). 

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Adams going to want a nice contract after these Kirk and Robinson deals

Stated this the other day, I think WR is quickly becoming another position that teams will look to address more early in the draft versus FA. The market for WRs in FA is getting out of hand. Smarter to find talented players in Rounds 1-3 and make them your core (i.e. Bengals).