GB free agency 2022

squire12

57 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Any WRs you have your eye on?  Any WRs that Rodgers will actually throw to?

Nope.  I'm abstaining from looking at any draft prospects this year.

I'll just rely on the board to tell me who the "good" WR's are.

Fully expecting someone to say the name "Cody Latimer".

In looking at the cap and where we are at....

I can't help but feel that negotiation on a JA extension will drag into the summer and possibly camp.

We need to be just under the cap, then when that extension hits, it will create room to operate "as usual" and possibly roll over some dollars or get someone else done mid-year.

1 hour ago, MrBobGray said:

just that the team is unlikely to offer him what his max value is this year and there's no reason for him to take a pay cut just because he missed time.

Agreed.
Not sure GB will suggest a pay cut, but they may offer to trade immediate security for a small discount/better structure
Jaire's price goes up with each passing day, but then he assumes all of the injury risk. IF he pens a deal now, the gtd cash sets him up for life and there's a fair chance he can re-do the deal in 2-3 years and bump his pay.

Waiting = mo money + increased risk.
Signing now= enough money + no risk

Its a really interesting negotiation for both sides.

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Simple answer is Yes.  So long as the drafted rookie has deep speed or another high end skillset.

Let us not forget that MVS was a late round pick and extremely raw.  Still kind of is.

If we take a rookie WR in round one, I have no doubt the overall skillset will be superior to MVS's when he came in as a rookie.

Rodgers threw to MVS as a rookie, because he had to.  And it worked to some extent.  No reason to think we are in a different position right now the way our WR room looks.  

I'm gonna pitch a fit if we do not address WR with one of our top 2 picks this year.  It is a glaring weakness on our roster.

A ******* men. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, R T said:

You really want that 10 cent headed prick on the Packers team? It isn't fantasy football they are playing, other people actually have to work with him on a daily basis. 

No. I want a player who I think would thrive in the system we have. Juju would fit IMO.  Also don’t understand why you dislike him so much (basing that off how you described him/idk you).  Idk what your fantasy football point is either since no one desired Juju in fantasy football. Idk what juju’s market is right now either. If he’s too expensive then of course I don’t want him. But I’m really starting to think he’s not going to command much in the market. I am fine with being wrong, if I am. 

Edited by rthom348

9 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Simple answer is Yes.  So long as the drafted rookie has deep speed or another high end skillset.

Let us not forget that MVS was a late round pick and extremely raw.  Still kind of is.

If we take a rookie WR in round one, I have no doubt the overall skillset will be superior to MVS's when he came in as a rookie.

Rodgers threw to MVS as a rookie, because he had to.  And it worked to some extent.  No reason to think we are in a different position right now the way our WR room looks.  

I'm gonna pitch a fit if we do not address WR with one of our top 2 picks this year.  It is a glaring weakness on our roster.

Will Rodgers have to next season? Remember Cobb undercut Amari’s rookie year.

Adams, Lazard and Cobb are all higher on the pecking order than a rookie. I would pray that Amari would be too… I mean if we have any hopes for his development and so he doesn’t become yet another 3rd round bust.

Tonyan (if healthy) and Jones… would also likely have Rodgers eyes and trust more than a true rookie.

I guess my point is I don’t see the QB helping this process. I’m sure a rookie could put up some numbers over the course of 17 games… I just don’t see a rookie changing this offense. Maybe Burks if he is Deebo Samuel-equse. Maybe Olave if he comes in like a Jefferson or Ceedee. 

I just think it’s a tough spot because Rodgers isn’t a “I throw to the open guy” QB anymore. He is hold until Adams is ready.