GB free agency 2022

squire12

I'm not even responding to them honestly. One of them uses emojis, and one of them literally is annoying and can't quite get that she should just ignore me already.

How many free agent WRs have signed with Green Bay since 2012?
How many free agent WRs have re-signed with Green Bay since 2012?
How many Packer receivers have left Green Bay since 2012?

It's not as unheard of as a couple of you are suggesting, especially if you're not the type of person who needs the disclaimer that, "None of them..." means "Most of them."

There's a QB like Brees or Brady who get the receiver the ball as the play is designed and gives them a shot on contested balls. They also throw the ball before they're open, trusting that they will be where they need to be.

Then there's a QB like Rodgers who won't throw to them until they're open, and sometimes not even when they're open.

Like, if you don't understand timing passes and how big of an issue they were for Rodgers in McCarthy's last year... And in LaFleur's first year, and still to a lesser extent right now, don't even talk.

Rodgers is not a first choice QB for a vast majority of receivers if the money is the same, and what's worse, the money isn't the same because other teams are paying their QB less and actually have more money.

No WR is going to take a discount to play with Rodgers.

38 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm not even responding to them honestly. One of them uses emojis, and one of them literally is annoying and can't quite get that she should just ignore me already.

It's not as unheard of as a couple of you are suggesting, especially if you're not the type of person who needs the disclaimer that, "None of them..." means "Most of them."

There's a QB like Brees or Brady who get the receiver the ball as the play is designed and gives them a shot on contested balls. They also throw the ball before they're open, trusting that they will be where they need to be.

Then there's a QB like Rodgers who won't throw to them until they're open, and sometimes not even when they're open.

Like, if you don't understand timing passes and how big of an issue they were for Rodgers in McCarthy's last year... And in LaFleur's first year, and still to a lesser extent right now, don't even talk.

Rodgers is not a first choice QB for a vast majority of receivers if the money is the same, and what's worse, the money isn't the same because other teams are paying their QB less and actually have more money.

The Packers just lost 40% of their target share, FA WRs would play with Brucie if it meant they could be in line for that kind of target share. There's no other opportunity for that kind of role currently in the league.

Now we have limited money, which is actually going to be the biggest factor as to whether or not we sign a FA WR.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No top notch receiver is ever going to take a team friendly discount to play with anybody, even Brady.  Somebody who is on the decline/getting older maybe but an ascending wr follows the money .. period .. as it should be.    And yes, the teams that are paying their QB less money can afford the best of the best wr's .. economy 101 backs that up.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The Packers just lost 40% of their target share, FA WRs would play with Brucie if it meant they could be in line for that kind of target share. There's no other opportunity for that kind of role currently in the league.

Now we have limited money, which is actually going to be the biggest factor as to whether or not we sign a FA WR.

My impressions of Cooks was wrong. I've been thinking he was a concussion away from being out of the league - but he's actually played the bulk of games the last two years. His "negative" is his cost. While nowhere near top WR pay levels - he's not bargain basement either.

Fuller on the other hand - while probably cheaper than a worn dime - IS that injury waiting to happen. Low cost with probably low production (based on injury history).

Julio - now there's an interesting one. Probably too rich for our blood - but wouldnt it be nice if we snag him - draft Burks - and Julio mentor the young lad on the ways of big WRs in the NFL.

(Somehow I always seem to find my way back to drafting top talent....)  :)

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This was going to be my point. If Adams were still there, I could see OP's argument. With Adams gone, I would think GB might be the hottest spot in the NFL for a veteran WR right now because you know that if you become that guy with 12, you're getting a **** ton of targets. 

Edited by packfanfb

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

My impressions of Cooks was wrong. I've been thinking he was a concussion away from being out of the league - but he's actually played the bulk of games the last two years. His "negative" is his cost. While nowhere near top WR pay levels - he's not bargain basement either.

Fuller on the other hand - while probably cheaper than a worn dime - IS that injury waiting to happen. Low cost with probably low production (based on injury history).

Julio - now there's an interesting one. Probably too rich for our blood - but wouldnt it be nice if we snag him - draft Burks - and Julio mentor the young lad on the ways of big WRs in the NFL.

(Somehow I always seem to find my way back to drafting top talent....)  :)

They all want PAID now it seems.  Julio should be the one jumping for the chance to play with Rodgers.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This was going to be my point. If Adams were still there, I could see OP's argument. With Adams gone, I would think GB might be the hottest spot in the NFL for a veteran WR right now because you know that if you become that guy with 12, you're getting a **** ton of targets. 

It's all quiet on the WR front in GB though.  I haven't heard anything about these wideouts wanting to come to GB.  Maybe it's just the market, or maybe there's something more to it .. who knows?

10 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's all quiet on the WR front in GB though.  I haven't heard anything about these wideouts wanting to come to GB.  Maybe it's just the market, or maybe there's something more to it .. who knows?

It's the market plus the fact that the Packers only have one bullet in the gun. You want to sign Landry right now for $15m/year and then 1 or 2 other guys become available who you'd maybe want more for less $? Once we fire that bullet, we're stuck with the decision. I think all those guys like Julio and Landry are looking for money they'll never get and the prices aren't ready to come down yet. Add in the fact that GB may go the trade route instead and you could see a deal closer to, even the night of, the draft. 

Either way, the room is going to be some composite of Vet, Top 60 Rookie, Lazard, Cobb, Rodgers and maybe another top 90/120 rookie. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

That's one way to skew the narrative 🤣 we get it, you don't like rodgers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Green Bay is undoubtedly the least appealing location for most NFL players geographicly. It's like the jazz of the NBA but at least salt lake is a beautiful city. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Money was a big factor in previous seasons.  Rodgers longevity is a issue now.  Why would a WR want to come to Green Bay with Rodgers year to year on retiring?  

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

Money was a big factor in previous seasons.  Rodgers longevity is a issue now.  Why would a WR want to come to Green Bay with Rodgers year to year on retiring?  

Yes this is helping my argument not hurting it.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Lololol Brucie

• Like 1