Combing the Combine for Winners

vike daddy

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

I still would say the Ngakoue move was significantly worse than the Bradford trade...and to me, it's not even close.  I understood the Bradford move at the time.  Yes, we lost a 1st rd pick, but I will die on that hill that it was a risk worth taking.  It just didn't pan out.  The Ngakoue move was an unnecessary one as far as I'm concerned...it was to try and create an idyllic pass rush, but they could have rolled with what they had and probably still had similar results.

100 percent this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm not aware of anything public that came out about Gladney prior to the draft. Were there red-flags?

Stings a lot more with the Winfield/Minnesota connection no doubt.

No, there weren’t. 

And the only reason people hang onto Winfield is because of the connection. But he doesn’t play the position that the team even remotely needed at the time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

We settled on a no brain thug instead. 

ouch, you probably aren't aware of it and did not intend it, but "thug" is a word used by many to imply something else.

i'd caution you not to make it part of your regular vernacular.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

ouch, you probably aren't aware of it and did not intend it, but "thug" is a word used by many to imply something else.

Unless it's Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s nice seeing people smile. 

I don’t know about others, but I was getting tired of the old, surly coaches that this team has had for the past 15 years. 

Do we have the tallest and best looking gm/ head coach combo? 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

A prefer not to use that word, given how improperly its been used, but the word fits for Gladney. There is no need to sugarcoat it.

But then, I guess that makes me a hypocrite for calling out others who call the unvaccinated "knuckle draggers". lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

No, there weren’t. 

And the only reason people hang onto Winfield is because of the connection. But he doesn’t play the position that the team even remotely needed at the time.

Winfield Jr probably has the skillset to play both CB/S, although we've only seen him play safety in the NFL.

Given how unlikely it was that we would re-sign Anthony Harris, playing Winfield Jr at corner his rookie year and then transitioning back to safety in year 2 might not have been so bad. Even if he was "out of position", he probably wouldn't have been any worse than Gladney.

Adofo-Mensah made note of his career path Tuesday afternoon at his combine podium session and expanded on how much he is enjoying being here in his new role:

"It's almost surreal, being back here at the combine. This is, for a lot of people, the last normal experience we had before the pandemic hit. It was, you know, you think about a lot of things that changed in the world and a lot of things that stayed the same. For me personally, the last time I was here, I was with San Francisco, coming off the Super Bowl, and now I'm here leading this organization in Minnesota.

"One of the things I appreciate about the combine is the relationships. You get in town and get that 'combine bro hug' or a hug from anybody, and that's the thing I think about the most when it comes to the combine. We all compete at the highest level, but at the end of the day, we appreciate each other. We appreciate the opportunity we have in front of us and are excited to be in each other's company."

https://www.vikings.com/news/kwesi-adofo-mensah-nfl-combine-press-conference