Combing the Combine for Winners

vike daddy

On 2/28/2022 at 5:02 PM, swede700 said:

Yeah...it was unfortunate, but it was a risk on a player who did start out real well in his career and that was the price. A 4th was high, but still it was a Day 3 pick and those are always crapshoots.    

I mean we got a 6th back too, so that makes it closer to a 5th in value for the trade.

On 3/1/2022 at 12:36 PM, SteelKing728 said:

Winfield Jr probably has the skillset to play both CB/S, although we've only seen him play safety in the NFL.

I'm not sure I share your optimism with regards to Winfield Jr.'s ability to play corner.  He was a pure safety prospect for me.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Chris Tomasson@christomasson

Cincinnati Bearcats QB Desmond Ridder said at the combine that the #Vikings are among seven or eight teams that he so far has talked to in advance of the draft.

I've always been a proponent of if a team doesn't have a QBOFT on the roster, they should be drafting a QB somewhere within the first four rounds. Its the most important position in sports, and having young talent at that position is key.

• Like 1

Of the QBs, I think Ridder carried his team the most.   Granted, the Bearcats couldn't overcome the forces they played in the CFP . . . But ya gotta love a guy that led his offense like he did.    Its too bad the Vikes couldn't pick Sauce and Ridder . . . Although its be cool, I'd roll with the CB before the QB this year.

• Like 1

Oregon pass rusher Kayvon Thibodeaux has, by all appearances, helped himself during his time in Indianapolis.

The NFL’s Next Gen Stats service has given Thibodeaux a draft score of 92, fueled by his ability to bench press 225 pounds 27 times (the longer the arms, the more strength that takes) and running the 40-yard dash in 4.59 seconds.

Thibodeaux’s top competition at the top of the draft is Michigan edge rusher Aidan Hutchinson, who has a 95 from Next Gen Stats. Hutchinson ran the 40 in 4.74 seconds, opted not to bench press, and generated an incredibly nimble 4.15-second short shuttle.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/06/kayvon-thibodeaux-makes-strong-case-at-scouting-combine/

Peter King:  "I think the player that seems most interesting to me high in the draft is Cincinnati cornerback Sauce Gardner. He’s a 6-3 corner who never allowed a touchdown in his last three years of coverage, in 1,100 snaps. He’ll need to bulk up a little, but a 4.4.1-in-the-40 corner that size is special, and he’ll certainly go in the top eight or 10. Deservedly."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/07/nfl-scouting-combine-news-fmia-peter-king/