Free Agency Thread

BStanRamFan

On 4/9/2022 at 10:49 PM, NVRamsFan said:

Last year I can't remember this year Travin Howard was ahead of him but got hurt in camp so it forced him into a starting position. He's good on Teams and he gives 100% effort on defense. I'm just not sure he has the ability to be anything more than a backup on D which if I remember your roster right he's 3rd or 4th at ILB? I'd wager he's there for ST and a player with knowledge of what Staley wants.

Looking back he started when Micah Kiser got hurt and that put him in there along side Kenny Young. He's not the same kind of ILB as Kiser so it really wasn't the best spot for him to play in. Like I said he gives effort he just seems to be that guy who makes the tackle on 3rd down but 2 yards beyond the 1st down marker. He gives up the reception way too easily too. This past year he was straight up abused by SF there could have been criminal charges against Shanny for the abuse he gave Reeder it was that bad.

And Kenny Young is the one I'm actually surprised they didn't go after if they were looking to add a LB, since Kenny Young is also a FA currently.

34 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

And Kenny Young is the one I'm actually surprised they didn't go after if they were looking to add a LB, since Kenny Young is also a FA currently.

Young is nice but they were willing to trade him in the playoff push so not sure they value him enough to re sign. Plus we won’t sign any players that hurt the comp pick formula until that period ends after the draft.

2 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Young is nice but they were willing to trade him in the playoff push so not sure they value him enough to re sign. Plus we won’t sign any players that hurt the comp pick formula until that period ends after the draft.

Not talking about us, I was talking about the Chargers signing Young - who did well under Staley.  We/Morris were willing to trade him.  I was commenting that I'm surprised the Chargers opted to pursue Reeder over Young.

1 hour ago, Dr LBC said:

Not talking about us, I was talking about the Chargers signing Young - who did well under Staley.  We/Morris were willing to trade him.  I was commenting that I'm surprised the Chargers opted to pursue Reeder over Young.

They don't need a starting ILB which Young is looking for. Staley took him to be depth and ST guy.

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Has that guy been legit on stuff in the past? If that's true, it means we have a good shot at landing Mathieu if he is willing to wait. 

He's guessed stuff that we all thought would happen. Who knows if he actually knows people in the Rams. One thing I'll say about that tweet is it's 100% the Rams MO to sign a guy after the draft so the comp pick formula isn't affected.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Flounch said:

If he couldn't wait a couple of weeks, too bad for him. 

I would have been happy to have him not sure about at the money the initial report has him getting though. And his recent injury problems are a real concern. There are a couple other free agent CB I'd rather have.

3 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

They don't need a starting ILB which Young is looking for. Staley took him to be depth and ST guy.

Have you met Kenneth Murray?  Yeah, they need a starting ILB... their GM and owner's son who made himself the personnel guy are just too arrogant to admit it.