J.C. Jackson (CB) is a MUST (JET) once he hits the open FA market.

J.C. Jackson;   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Jets Faithful: Do you want J.C. Jackson as our Future #1 CB?

24 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You’re A+ off-season isn’t happening. And quite frankly a lot of it is unrealistic. You leave money and the fact that nearly 90% of the league is more of a desirable team than us out of the FA equation

I don't leave money out of it. 

I've mentioned time and time again how we can release a damaged goods Carl Lawson next offseason (NCAA ACL + BENGALS ACL + Jets Achilles Tendon) and save $15.0M. 

I've mentioned time and time again how we can release an awful Mike Maccagnan contract in C.J. Mosley next offseason and save $15.5M. 

I've mentioned time and time again how Corey Davis isn't worth his contract and can be released next offseason giving us a $10.5M savings. 

I'm sorry but I'd (much) rather pay an elite WR Amari Cooper and an elite CB J.C. Jackson $40M per year (combined)

Before I ever continue paying Carl Lawson/C.J. Mosley/Corey Davis $45M combined come 2022. 

Would you like reminding me how many wins C.J. Mosley and Corey Davis helped lead us to last year? Because neither one of them even come close to impacting for their Offenses/Defenses as both Amari Cooper and J.C. Jackson impact for their Offenses and Defenses. 

Neither one of Cincinnati/Tennessee has missed a beat without Carl Lawson/Corey Davis and why? Because they're easily replaceable and both won their Divisions last year (without them).

You might want to pay Lawson/Mosley/Davis $45M come 2022 next year but I don't.

I'd much rather pay AMARI COOPER and J.C. JACKSON $40M. 

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We cannot release any of those guys THIS season so why do you keep saying it?

He apparently thinks we can go over the cap this year bc we can cut guys next year.

And also apparently if you get injured you’re damaged goods. Like no player has ever came back great post injury. Lawson and Davis are garbage to him bc of injury. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

He apparently thinks we can go over the cap this year bc we can cut guys next year.

And also apparently if you get injured you’re damaged goods. Like no player has ever came back great post injury. Lawson and Davis are garbage to him bc of injury. 

I'm not saying Corey Davis is garbage but what I am saying is that Amari Cooper is literally 2x the WR that Corey Davis is, has put up 2x the production that Corey Davis has and is worth 2x more $$$ than Corey Davis is. And Amari Cooper can do for Zach Wilson what Stefon Diggs has done for Josh Allen (Corey Davis can't).

What type of fool would pay Corey Davis $13M rather than Amari Cooper $20M? 

• And how many players can you list me that's played on an All-Pro level after A.) 1 ACL injury. B.) 2 ACL injuries and 3.) Ruptured Achilles Tendon injury. 

1.)

2.)

3.)

I'd love to see your list.

PS: Carl Lawson is being extremely overrated by this Starved edge rusher Jets fan base. 

Years of 0 sacks. 1 sack. 5 sacks. 5.5 sacks and a career high 8.5 sacks (way back in 2017) with 0 All-Pros and even 0 Pro Bowls. 

Stop overeating Carl Lawson and pretending he's woth $15M in 2022 and $15M in 2023. Because he's obviously and clearly, not. 

Cincinnati didn't even MISS the guy.

They went to the Super Bowl immediately following his departure (and Carl Lawson is awful against the run).

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

19 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I'm not saying Corey Davis is garbage but what I am saying is that Amari Cooper is literally 2x the WR that Corey Davis is, has put up 2x the production that Corey Davis has and is worth 2x more $$$ than Corey Davis is. And Amari Cooper can do for Zach Wilson what Stefon Diggs has done for Josh Allen (Corey Davis can't).

What type of fool would pay Corey Davis $13M rather than Amari Cooper $20M? 

• And how many players can you list me that's played on an All-Pro level after A.) 1 ACL injury. B.) 2 ACL injuries and 3.) Ruptured Achilles Tendon injury. 

1.)

2.)

3.)

I'd love to see your list.

PS: Carl Lawson is being extremely overrated by this Starved edge rusher Jets fan base. 

Years of 0 sacks. 1 sack. 5 sacks. 5.5 sacks and a career high 8.5 sacks (way back in 2017) with 0 All-Pros and even 0 Pro Bowls. 

Stop overeating Carl Lawson and pretending he's woth $15M in 2022 and $15M in 2023. Because he's obviously and clearly, not. 

Cincinnati didn't even MISS the guy.

They went to the Super Bowl immediately following his departure (and Carl Lawson is awful against the run).

Cooper isn't twice the WR of Davis for starters. And once again you're acting like if you sign Cooper you can cut Davis. NOOOOOOO!!! Cap doesn't work that way. To add onto that, Davis' injury was a core injury not a leg injury, so there's no reason to think he wont be in great shape this season. Nearly every NFL player has suffered an injury, the league would be like 100 players if everyone wrote off guys after they were injured, like you seem to do.

Carl Lawson is one of the hardest working players in the NFL. It's a trait that everyone knows about him. There's no reason to think that he wont be the player he was in camp last year for us this year.

And I'm not giving you a list of players who've bounced back in elite status after leg injuries. I did that once already to silence you, so I'm not doing it again.

Just the top of my head here are a few guys I know that came back from leg and knee injuries.

AP 

Terrell Owens

Cam Akers did it this year.

Teddy Bridgewater 

Tom Brady

Joe Burrow

Alex Smith

I know there is a lot more but this is just off the top of my head.

I know some of these guys are QB but they have to use their legs a lot too. 

I know some injures can slow a guy down or other may pick up right where they left off. I think the big part of this is the persons body and their willingness to go through the rehab and setbacks that may happen. I think AP is the man one I think of to think what his knees have been through and the guy is STILL playing lol. 

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Cooper isn't twice the WR of Davis for starters. And once again you're acting like if you sign Cooper you can cut Davis. NOOOOOOO!!! Cap doesn't work that way. To add onto that, Davis' injury was a core injury not a leg injury, so there's no reason to think he wont be in great shape this season. Nearly every NFL player has suffered an injury, the league would be like 100 players if everyone wrote off guys after they were injured, like you seem to do.

Carl Lawson is one of the hardest working players in the NFL. It's a trait that everyone knows about him. There's no reason to think that he wont be the player he was in camp last year for us this year.

And I'm not giving you a list of players who've bounced back in elite status after leg injuries. I did that once already to silence you, so I'm not doing it again.

Coopers production has always been tied to his contract status, which is in part to why Dallas is looking to move him now...  

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Just the top of my head here are a few guys I know that came back from leg and knee injuries.

AP 

Terrell Owens

Cam Akers did it this year.

Teddy Bridgewater 

Tom Brady

Joe Burrow

Alex Smith

I know there is a lot more but this is just off the top of my head.

I know some of these guys are QB but they have to use their legs a lot too. 

I know some injures can slow a guy down or other may pick up right where they left off. I think the big part of this is the persons body and their willingness to go through the rehab and setbacks that may happen. I think AP is the man one I think of to think what his knees have been through and the guy is STILL playing lol. 

How many of those guys came back from 2 ACLs + Achilles Tendon?

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Yes.

He is. 

Amari Cooper doubles him in yearly production.

This is just false.

Davis played 1/2 the season last year and had nearly 500yds and 4 tds. He plays a whole season and that's 1,00yds and 8 tds. That's pretty much exactly what Cooper did last year. And lets remember that he played when Wilson was at his worst. There's a big difference between Dak and Wilson throwing you the ball last year. Cant just leave that part out sir.

2020: Davis 985yds and 5tds, Cooper 1114yds 5tds. Not sure how that's DOUBLE the production? Looks the same to me.

2019: Davis missed 5 games 600yds 2tds, Cooper 1190yds 8tds. You add 1/3 of those stats to Davis and he's near 1,000yds.

2018: Davis 890yds 4tds, Cooper 1,000yds 7tds. Still pretty close.

No ones arguing Davis > Cooper

It's YOU he said he's TWICE the player. And that's just false.

Oh... and Davis cost 60% of what Cooper does. Which is the biggest part FYI

6 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Cooper in 15 games last year 

68/865/8

Davis in 9 games last year

34/492/4

So in a full 17 game slate for both that projects out to(all rounded up)

Cooper - 77/977/9

Davis - 64/926/8

I knew the initial take was totally absurd, but got a good laugh seeing just how off it was. 

• Like 1

What someone seems to be missing concerning Lawson are all those things a PR does that go beyond sacks. Sacks are nice and easily quantifiable. But how about we look at the bigger impact Lawson had in 2020.

Lawson tied for the fourth-most pressures in the NFL with 44. He also led the NFL in quarterback knockdowns with 26. Lawson also had an 84.9 pass rush grade, a 20 percent pass rush win rate, a 15.4 percent pressure rate, and 11 cleanup and unblocked pressures. Now consider he has the 16th highest APY (17th now after Crosby new deal) and I think he is a bargain.

But, hey, let’s not let facts and stats sway a preformed opinion based on just one cherry picked data point.