J.C. Jackson (CB) is a MUST (JET) once he hits the open FA market.

J.C. Jackson;   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Jets Faithful: Do you want J.C. Jackson as our Future #1 CB?

16 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Sorry but it's been 11 years of no playoffs. 

And how many elite Superstar players have we had since dating back to #24 (Draft) and #28 (TRADE)?

Passing up on opportunities to give Zach Wilson an elite Amari Cooper is the opposite of what Buffalo did for Josh Allen by "throwing away" their 1st round pick for Stefon Diggs (+ paying him $$$$).

Do you think the SB winning Ravens were scared to pay Shannon Sharpe? What about the Jets signing Kevin Mawae? Charles Woodson helping GB win their SB? Cowboys getting #21 Deion Sanders after San Francisco? Denver winning a SB with Peyton Manning? What about Reggie White, did GB fans regret throwing the FA $$$ bag at Reggie White after Minnesota Vikings?

Etc. 

Etc. 

We haven't sniffed the playoffs in 11 years (2010) and how many elite Superstar FAs have we signed? 

Sorry but enough is enough. We're ranked top 3 in available Salary Cap Space. If Joe Douglas can't give us one elite Star FA? There's a problem. 

If we have another mediocre 2-14, 4-13 or even 6-11 nightmare after signing a bunch of FA Scrubs? That'll become a big problem. 

We have to either 

A. Overpay to get those type of guys.

or 

B. Show some consistency on the winning side of the argument before getting guys to commit here. 

Build through the draft, supplement the roster with free agency, keep flexibility should an opportunity present itself. 

Maybe I'm wrong for wanting CB J.C. Jackson.

But I'd gladly watch Joe Douglas pay Amari Cooper $20M per season rather than having to pay Corey Davis $10M per season because not only are they the same age (27) but...

A.) Amari Cooper is literally 2x the WR X-Factor that Corey Davis is.

B.) Amari Cooper has doubled the production of Corey Davis since entering the league within just about every single statistical category known to WR mankind.

C.) Amari Cooper has done more for Dak Prescott within the NFL's #1 Ranked Offensive Attack than Corey Davis can ever do for Zach Wilson. 

D.) Amari Cooper is ranked top 10 All-Time in both Receptions and Receiving Yards before the age of 28 amongst all NFL WRs who've ever played his position.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-receiving-yards-before-age-28#:~:text=Randy Moss has the most,than 28%2C with 9%2C142 yards.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-receptions-before-age-28

If Amari Cooper becomes available, Joe Douglas better go after him guns blazing.

WR #1: Amari Cooper (true #1 WR in his absolute prime).

WR #2: Drake London (or another elite WR prospect @ 10th overall).

Slot: Elijah Moore (X-Factor who can line up all over an Offense). 

WR 4: Corey Davis (released 2023s Offseason or forced to take a significant pay cut). 

TE: Trey McBride (@ 36th or 38th overall).

Dallas could afford to pay Dak Prescott more than $100M while having both Amari Cooper and 1st round CeeDee Lamb + a beast TE Dalton Schultz; but Zach Wilson can't enjoy the same while under his Rookie contract?

I call horse crap. 

14 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Those core players including Mike Evans and so many others couldn't sniff the playoffs before Brady. 12 years in a row. No postseason play.

Lets get something straight, about T.B. GOAT, he played in perhaps the weakest division for 2 decades, against poorly run organizations. I'll give him credit for many of his championships with an asterisk. He leads T.B. to the S.B. against K.C. who lost 2 starting OL which to T.B.'s credit exploited. K.C. loses because Mahomes is running for his life the entire game with no OL help to generate any attempt at offense. 

As for the core players you are speaking of, align the stars aright throw in T.B. and guys like Mike Evans shines, put Mahomes on that same team and he wins a S.B.

Tom Brady doesn't win a thing in his career without a good cast surrounding him..

10 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Sorry but it's been 11 years of no playoffs. 

And how many elite Superstar players have we had since dating back to #24 (Draft) and #28 (TRADE)?

Passing up on opportunities to give Zach Wilson an elite Amari Cooper is the opposite of what Buffalo did for Josh Allen by "throwing away" their 1st round pick for Stefon Diggs (+ paying him $$$$).

Do you think the SB winning Ravens were scared to pay Shannon Sharpe? What about the Jets signing Kevin Mawae? Charles Woodson helping GB win their SB? Cowboys getting #21 Deion Sanders after San Francisco? Denver winning a SB with Peyton Manning? What about Reggie White, did GB fans regret throwing the FA $$$ bag at Reggie White after Minnesota Vikings?

Etc. 

Etc. 

We haven't sniffed the playoffs in 11 years (2010) and how many elite Superstar FAs have we signed? 

Sorry but enough is enough. We're ranked top 3 in available Salary Cap Space. If Joe Douglas can't give us one elite Star FA? There's a problem. 

If we have another mediocre 2-14, 4-13 or even 6-11 nightmare after signing a bunch of FA Scrubs? That'll become a big problem. 

Clear you’re not getting off this kick. You’re just going to be disappointed. This isn’t Madden. 

Chargers GM just traded for a superstar pass rusher in Khalil Mack @ still only 31 years of age. 

Khalil Mack and Joey Bosa rushing QBs? Forget about it. 

The Chargers are loading up their team while Justin Herbert is on his Rookie contract.

•And you mean to tell me that I've got Jets fans telling me that NY doesn't deserve any Superstars (Star Impactful Players) from outside the draft? 

I call horse crap. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSS9JtznpQx7OsM3AOeBPo

Chargers with Justin Herbert on his Rookie contract only had to send the Bears a 2nd round pick for KHALIL MACK!

Eqbifs5W8AIWg2m?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EeGu4GgXkAAnEQs.png

Khalil-Mack_TA.png?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Please don't never tell me again how the Jets can't afford impactful players like Amari Cooper and J.C. Jackson (while Zach Wilson is under a Rookie Contract) and how Joe Douglas must settle for mediocrity. 

And never again.

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

28 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Chargers with Justin Herbert on his Rookie contract only had to send the Bears a 2nd round pick for KHALIL MACK!

Eqbifs5W8AIWg2m?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EeGu4GgXkAAnEQs.png

Khalil-Mack_TA.png?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Please don't never tell me again how the Jets can't afford impactful players like Amari Cooper and J.C. Jackson (while Zach Wilson is under a Rookie Contract) and how Joe Douglas must settle for mediocrity. 

And never again.

Herbert is a known commodity. He has proven his ability to win and successfully QB a team (all while under his rookie deal) and that’s when a GM can hit the gas on their franchise spending. 

It doesn’t make sense this year to go hard in FA when Wilson is still an unknown. We need to help him out to show what he’s made of then we can go after it. Some of these teams are going to collapse under the weight of their own cap before they have all the pieces in place to succeed. 

However. Mack for a 2nd is a steal! 

2 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

Herbert is a known commodity. He has proven his ability to win and successfully QB a team (all while under his rookie deal) and that’s when a GM can hit the gas on their franchise spending. 

It doesn’t make sense this year to go hard in FA when Wilson is still an unknown. We need to help him out to show what he’s made of then we can go after it. Some of these teams are going to collapse under the weight of their own cap before they have all the pieces in place to succeed. 

Clearly, Brandon Staley shares same DNA as Sean McVay.  Very aggressive minded coach who has no interest in developmental crap like Saleh/Douglas do.

1 minute ago, Sapo28 said:

And we had two high 2nd round picks and haven't featured an elite pass rusher since #94 of 2005 of 17 years ago. 

We could've easily gave the Bears an even better 2nd round pick and headed into the draft with Carl Lawson and Khalil Mack as our edge rushers with Quinnen Williams on the interior @ DT. 

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Chargers GM just traded for a superstar pass rusher in Khalil Mack @ still only 31 years of age. 

Khalil Mack and Joey Bosa rushing QBs? Forget about it. 

The Chargers are loading up their team while Justin Herbert is on his Rookie contract.

•And you mean to tell me that I've got Jets fans telling me that NY doesn't deserve any Superstars (Star Impactful Players) from outside the draft? 

I call horse crap. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSS9JtznpQx7OsM3AOeBPo

We aren’t a win now team. We aren’t a pass rusher away from being a SB contender. Never mind a 31yr old player.

I feel like you’re just not getting it.

1 minute ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Ok @KingOfNewYorkmaybe you're right and everything that glitters isn't gold. 

I just now realized that Khalil Mack is due over $75M throughout the next 3 years @ $25M per. 

So I stand corrected in regards to Khalil Mack. $75M + 2nd round draft pick would've been extreme. 

25m?  nope.   around 20.5AAV over 3 years, GoT.

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We aren’t a win now team. We aren’t a pass rusher away from being a SB contender. Never mind a 31yr old player.

I feel like you’re just not getting it.

Well J.C. Jackson and Amari Cooper aren't 31 years old; they're only 26 and 27 years of age. 

And I'm getting pretty sick of this not a win now team talk.

• Cincinnati just went to the SB after going 6-25-1 throughout their previous two years (2019-2020). 

• We've also witnessed our 1998 Jets go 12-4 and an AFC Championship Game after 1996's 1-15 Rich Kotite disaster. 

• We've witnessed back to back AFC Championship Games under a Rookie and 2nd Year QB (Mark Sanchez).

• We just watched Justin Herbert during only his 2nd year go 9-8 and had a chance during a Week 18 win and you're into the Playoffs opportunity (after only going 6-9 as a Rookie).

Etc. 

Etc. 

With both coach Robert Saleh and Zach Wilson heading into their 2nd years together + Top 4 Available Salary Cap Space + the NFL's #1 Ranked and Rated Draft Capital? 

No.

I'm not willing to watch another 2-14 and/or 4-13 type of crap season. 

Have an awesome 2022 Offseason and we can 100% contend for the Division and if not at least a Wild Card opportunity. 

• Buffalo went 6-10 during Josh Allen's Rookie Season but then went 10-6 and made the Playoffs during his 2nd Year. 

(Please stop telling me how we aren't ready to win now when an A+ 2022 Offseason (out of Joe Douglas) changes that narrative).

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Well J.C. Jackson and Amari Cooper aren't 31 years old; they're only 26 and 27 years of age. 

And I'm getting pretty sick of this not a win now team talk.

• Cincinnati just went to the SB after going 6-25-1 throughout their previous two years (2019-2020). 

• We've also witnessed our 1998 Jets go 12-4 and an AFC Championship Game after 1996's 1-15 Rich Kotite disaster. 

• We've witnessed back to back AFC Championship Games under a Rookie and 2nd Year QB (Mark Sanchez).

• We just watched Justin Herbert during only his 2nd year go 9-8 and had a chance during a Week 18 win and you're into the Playoffs opportunity (after only going 6-9 as a Rookie).

Etc. 

Etc. 

With both coach Robert Saleh and Zach Wilson heading into their 2nd years together + Top 4 Available Salary Cap Space + the NFL's #1 Ranked and Rated Draft Capital? 

No.

I'm not willing to watch another 2-14 and/or 4-13 type of crap season. 

Have an awesome 2022 Offseason and we can 100% contend for the Division and if not at least a Wild Card opportunity. 

• Buffalo went 6-10 during Josh Allen's Rookie Season but then went 10-6 and made the Playoffs during his 2nd Year. 

(Please stop telling me how we aren't ready to win now when an A+ 2022 Offseason (out of Joe Douglas) changes that narrative).

You’re A+ off-season isn’t happening. And quite frankly a lot of it is unrealistic. You leave money and the fact that nearly 90% of the league is more of a desirable team than us out of the FA equation