Last call! Is he coming or going?

Leader

This constant drama thing will never end.  I hope he goes, just sick of this.  Even IF he stays it will all play out again next year.

After all the catering to his wishes and he is still having trouble deciding?!?!  Give me a break.  It will never end until he leaves.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

This constant drama thing will never end.  I hope he goes, just sick of this.  Even IF he stays it will all play out again next year.

After all the catering to his wishes and he is still having trouble deciding?!?!  Give me a break.  It will never end until he leaves.

Favre 2.0

• Like 1

My current theory is he has already informed the Packers that he wants to be traded, but he doesn't want to say it publicly because his huge fragile ego can't bear what it might do to his legacy in Green Bay. So now the two sides are engaged in a game of chicken, with Gute also not wanting to be reviled by casual Packers fans. I'm not sure how it ends in that scenario — probably with some kind of leak to the press.

At this point I think I'm hoping for a trade. As much fun as it would be to maybe win another Super Bowl in the next couple years, if it's between losing in the playoffs and having a bunch of extra 1st rounders to get excited about, I think the latter is going to keep me happier/distracted most days out of the year.

• Like 4

He threatened retirement last year, he's uncertain this year, he's not even sure if he wants to be HERE or not. I'm sorry but if he's not all in, it's time to move on. It's better to do it too early like the Patriots than too late, like the Steelers. A first this year, next, and some other lesser assets and I'm happy with the deal.

I've flip flopped a lot recently, but final call is that he's going to ask for a trade. I hope I'm wrong because I like watching games with the hopes of actually winning a SB but I think the allure of the unknown and idea of a new experience is more important to him than his better odds at a SB in GB.

I feel him leaving would be best for the Packers next ten years. Maybe not this year or next year but the eight years following that.  The longer he stays the more likely retirement becomes and we’ll be doing this dance in the off season until then.   I want those picks for him.  Therefore I believe he will stay.  

8 minutes ago, Norse65 said:

I feel him leaving would be best for the Packers next ten years. Maybe not this year or next year but the eight years following that.  The longer he stays the more likely retirement becomes and we’ll be doing this dance in the off season until then.   I want those picks for him.  Therefore I believe he will stay.  

This brought a chuckle :)

My guess is that he told the Packers in the exit interviews that he wanted to come back and to start working on an extension. The Packers did everything they agreed to in that meeting including getting Tom Clements. Then Shailene dumped him and it changed everything, he'll ask to be moved to Denver or Nashville to be with her.

It's just that, a guess. The only way he's coming back is if he's already told GB he's back and it was to Gute/LaFleur/Murphy only and that's why it hasn't leaked. If he's still not informed them it's because he is leaving.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

The drama is created by the media because it is good for the media and then the drama is magnified in our heads.

He said he'll have a decision before free agency, he is not being wishy washy, I'm guessing by tomorrow we'll know.

• Like 2