2022 Minnesota Vikings Offseason

SemperFeist

4 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

Very good signing. I had a feeling we would land him. 

True but DJ Jones is a star and game changer, dude is going to be a beast in Denver's 3/4, not sure Phillips has that type of game changing ability.  Sure Jones got paid more than Phillips but still Jones is a game changer, can Phillips be that?  Effort guy for sure and consistent yes but need some stars on the outside and if not does not really matter how consistent he is inside he is not going to get to the QB often.  

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True but DJ Jones is a star and game changer, dude is going to be a beast in Denver's 3/4, not sure Phillips has that type of game changing ability.  Sure Jones got paid more than Phillips but still Jones is a game changer, can Phillips be that?  Effort guy for sure and consistent yes but need some stars on the outside and if not does not really matter how consistent he is inside he is not going to get to the QB often.  

Who knows if KAM even went after JD Jones, let alone him considering  Viking as a destination

1 minute ago, CriminalMind said:

Who knows if KAM even went after JD Jones, let alone him considering  Viking as a destination

I am sure they did not because they cannot afford him, just saying DJ Jones is a game changer not sure Phillips is but will see.  All thought Tomlinson was a game changer last year with pass rush potentially, that turned out to absolutely not be the case, maybe he will be better in a 3/4 but based on last years play he was a mistake signing but maybe that will change with a new coach and system.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Purplepride323 said:

After signing Harrison Phillips and releasing Pierce, we still have holes at C, RG, TE, Edge, LB, and CB. We also have little to none cap space available. This is not a great start to free agency to say the least. 

There’s the six draft picks lol. All will be homeruns

16 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

After signing Harrison Phillips and releasing Pierce, we still have holes at C, RG, TE, Edge, LB, and CB. We also have little to none cap space available. This is not a great start to free agency to say the least. 

I don't see TE, LB, or RG as needy as you in TE case I don't see us using enough multiple sets anymore to make it worth any significant investment beyond the guys we have under contract and in RG and LB we have third rounders who should get more consideration to take those roles.

15 hours ago, solidvikingfan said:

I don't see TE, LB, or RG as needy as you in TE case I don't see us using enough multiple sets anymore to make it worth any significant investment beyond the guys we have under contract and in RG and LB we have third rounders who should get more consideration to take those roles.

RG- Wyatt Davis might not be ready to start and I’ve seen enough of Udoh. I hope we find a way to sign James Daniels.

TE- Irv is coming back from a knee injury, and Conklin is a free agent who’s most likely signing elsewhere. I’m sure we can find someone better than Luke Stocker and Ben Ellefson in the draft.

LB- Anthony Barr is also a free agent, if we bring him back on a team friendly deal, then we won’t need a LB. But if he does leave then I think we need someone to replace him. Blake Lynch might be the answer but I think we’d still need an extra LB if Barr is gone, especially since we’re running a 3-4 now. My prediction is that Barr stays though on a one-year deal. 

Edited by Purplepride323