2022 Minnesota Vikings Offseason

SemperFeist

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

2 yr deal, 10 mil with the possibility of going up to 12 mil, and 6.5 guaranteed.

Solid LB who puts up large tackle numbers, but isn’t a world beater. Referring to my previous post about the signing, does he replace Barr or could this spell an end to Kendricks?

Edited by NorthCountryEvo

30 minutes ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

2 yr deal, 10 mil with the possibility of going up to 12 mil, and 6.5 guaranteed.

Solid LB who puts up large tackle numbers, but isn’t a world beater. Referring to my previous post about the signing, does he replace Barr or could this spell an end to Kendricks?

Could he be the 2nd MLB?

DE Harrison Phillips / J. Twyman
NT Dalvin Tomlinson / J. Scott
DE James Lynch / Watts

OLB DJ Wonnum / J. Robinson
ILB Eric Kendricks / B. Lynch
ILB Jordan Hicks / Dye / 
OLB ?        K. Willekes / P. Jones /  Surratt

CB ?      C. Dantzler
CB ?       K. Boyd / Hand
Nickel ?
SS Harrison Smith
FS Cam Bynum

Not an awful start with Phillips and Hicks but still massive question with Hunter and what they do, if they lose him that could be a massive loss, not to mention zero legit starting corners arguably.  

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

DE James Lynch / Watts

ILB Jordan Hicks / Dye / 

CB ?      C. Dantzler
Nickel ?
SS Harrison Smith
FS Cam Bynum

Not an awful start with Phillips and Hicks but still massive question with Hunter and what they do, if they lose him that could be a massive loss, not to mention zero legit starting corners arguably.  

Yes, the pass defense looks absolutely atrocious with no proven edge players and the leagues worst CB room. 

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Yes, the pass defense looks absolutely atrocious with no proven edge players and the leagues worst CB room. 

Yeah, will be very curious what they do with Hunter.  Also is curious what happens to Willekes to showed flashes last year, he is not a 3/4 player and neither is Patrick Jones who has potential, Robinson I think could do it because of his athletic ability, same with Wonnum.  

Maybe they just do multiple fronts and I am sure they will.  

24 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

DE James Lynch / Watts

ILB Jordan Hicks / Dye / 

CB ?      C. Dantzler
Nickel ?
SS Harrison Smith
FS Cam Bynum

Watts over Lynch imo

also YIKES at our corners.... KAM do something please!

20 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

DE James Lynch / Watts

ILB Jordan Hicks / Dye / 

CB ?      C. Dantzler
Nickel ?
SS Harrison Smith
FS Cam Bynum

IMO Watts starts over Lynch, Surratt is an ILB, and Dantzler is one of the outside CBs no question mark.

Have you heard something recently to indicate Hunter is forcing his way out? I was under the current assumption our staff wants to keep him.

Just now, solidvikingfan said:

IMO Watts starts over Lynch, Surratt is an ILB, and Dantzler is one of the outside CBs no question mark.

Have you heard something recently to indicate Hunter is forcing his way out? I was under the current assumption our staff wants to keep him.

Welcome to the Armon Watts fan club

1 minute ago, solidvikingfan said:

Sure could put Watts over Lynch but could argue Lynch is better as a 3/4 DE than a 4/3 DT, and Watts is probably better as a 4/3 DT than a 3/4 DE but will see.  Surratt sure could be a ILB but then they need to cut B. Lynch or Dye potentially, I think he can get pressure off the edge which he did well in college from the edge not the ILB spot, but his versatility is interesting but with Hicks not like he would get much playing time over him and Kendricks.

I assume Hunter will be traded because the Vikings might not be able to pay him, he is due his $18 mil roster bonus March 20th which is coming up so I assume after that point they have to pay that bonus.   Curious they are signing these free agents to decent contracts when they need to address Hunter first.   But yeah keeping him would help greatly.

As for Dantzler, sure one can put him in as a starter but not sure he has shown enough to say oh yeah he is a legit starter and potential long time pro.  The dude could not even start over Breeland last year and Breeland sucked.  But yeah that would be great but even with him out there not sure I would say I am comfortable with that, at times he looks good other times he looks pretty bad.  

9 minutes ago, viking said:

Watts over Lynch imo

also YIKES at our corners.... KAM do something please!

Curious how much Kyle Fuller likes Ed, but my guess is he likes Vic Fangio more because he was the man that ran the show on D in Denver and Chicago.  Still they could not pay him though most likely.  Bryce Callahan would be another as a nickel but again who knows if they can even afford that but there is a connection there.  

PS Trae Waynes was the 9th highest paid CB in 2022 with $14 mil a year.  Bengals must be so pissed at that contract and that dude who is always injured.  I assume they get out of that and cut him or something.