2022 Offseason Discussion

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Some of y’all seem to be missing the point lol

The issue isn’t draft compensation.  Or his ability to play QB.  Or the cap.  Or whatever else.

He’s a sexual predator.  That’s the issue for many.

Yep. I'll be so pissed if we sign him for that reason. Maybe next we'll talk Big Biff Roofiesbuggerer out of retirement to be the backup QB too and have our own Longest Yard team.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He wasn’t found not guilty.  The DA said he won’t face criminal charges.  Those aren’t the same thing.  

If you’re not sure why, maybe go read up on the case and why cases like this are notoriously hard to prosecute.  

How old were you when OJ had his open investigation by the court, was confident he did nothing wrong and was “found innocent”?

Fair, I dont think this ends well for anybody involved. What Kareem did was bad enough and people still hate him, let alone 22 counts of something.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Fair, I dont think this ends well for anybody involved. What Kareem did was bad enough and people still hate him, let alone 22 counts of something.

Lol I’ve never seen a Browns fan critique Kareem. The fan base acts like it never happened. Perfect Reddit post I saw:

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Kareem kicked a woman in the arse after being (allegedly) called a slur.

This was a fit of rage, one time incident.  Is is excusable?  Absolutely not.  But it doesn’t show a pattern of predatory behavior.  

Kareem to Watson is apples to oranges.

Some people won’t care, and that’s fine, either you do or you don’t.  But as a man and a father, I find it hard to tell by boys it’s ok to root for a guy like Watson.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Lol I’ve never seen a Browns fan critique Kareem. The fan base acts like it never happened. Perfect Reddit post I saw:

What Kareem did and what Watson is accused of doing aren't even close to being similar.

I say this as someone who would still watch and root for the Browns even if we did trade for Watson. I just don't particularly want him, nor do I think we'll acquire him.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Like I said below, apples or oranges comparison.

Not many expect choir boys, but there’s a line.  I know you know this and I know you know how this differs from that.

This is a disingenuous comparison.

• Like 2

Just now, DawgX said:

I say this as someone who would still watch and root for the Browns even if we did trade for Watson. I just don't particularly want him, nor do I think we'll acquire him.

I mean, we’ll all still watch and root for the Browns.  If we knew how to quit this team it would have happened a half dozen regimes/coaches ago.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Like I said below, apples or oranges comparison.

Not many expect choir boys, but there’s a line.  I know you know this and I know you know how this differs from that.

This is a disingenuous comparison.

You’re right, I mean he only beat the **** out of a woman.

Should we talk about Jim Brown? Pretty sure our fan base applauds him.

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

1. Fair or not, one is a quarterback and one is a running back, so the whole "face of the franchise" thing is a factor

2. We are talking about one REALLY BAD incident that's a one time thing, whereas the other is a systemic history of sexual assault. One is a predator, one may or may not have done it more than once, and kicking someone, while awful, is not in the same ballpark IMO

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

That is nooot true, there was some pretty heavy backlash when he was originally signed and then even more when he was extended

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I mean, we’ll all still watch and root for the Browns.  If we knew how to quit this team it would have happened a half dozen regimes/coaches ago.

Hopefully I don't have to decide tbh. 

• Like 1

Just now, candyman93 said:

You’re right, I mean he only beat the **** out of a woman.

I’ll just ask, are you being intentionally obtuse or do you really not know/see the difference.  I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt here.

Just now, candyman93 said:

Should we talk about Jim Brown? Pretty sure our fan base applauds him.

Show me a post where I applauded Jim Brown.  I’ve never even seen the guy play ffs.  Im 39, not 79.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

So much this, its so much moral grandstanding, honestly, no one cares about your moral values, this is football, this is entertainment. If you arent going to be a fan any longer because of this, do it, don't talk about it because real fans don't care. 

A lot of people use this as an opportunity to grandstand and parade around talking about how much they are morally better than others, which no one really cares....

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

So much this, its so much moral grandstanding, honestly, no one cares about your moral values, this is football, this is entertainment. If you arent going to be a fan any longer because of this, do it, don't talk about it because real fans don't care. 

A lot of people use this as an opportunity to grandstand and parade around talking about how much they are morally better than others, which no one really cares....

Do you have kids?

• Like 2