2022 Offseason Discussion

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ll just ask, are you being intentionally obtuse or do you really not know/see the difference.  I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt here.

Show me a post where I applauded Jim Brown.  I’ve never even seen the guy play ffs.  Im 39, not 79.

There’s no way on earth Kareem = Watson. However, just a reminder to everybody: Kareem beat the **** out of a woman.

You’re not a monolith of all Browns fans. However, look into his history. Yet the fan base glorifies him.

Just now, candyman93 said:

There’s no way on earth Kareem = Watson. However, just a reminder to everybody: Kareem beat the **** out of a woman.

For sure, it was an ugly incident.  

You’re not a monolith of all Browns fans. However, look into his history. Yet the fan base glorifies him.

If it’s on the internet they’re likely parroting **** their dad or grandfather said cuz their arse didn’t watch him play either.  Christ who’s the oldest guy here?  @bruceb @Bucketheadsdad @cattleman78?  Did any of these guys even watch him play live?  

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Do you have kids?

It’s like the R Kelly debate.

Can you separate the art from the artist? I promise you people will be listening to R Kelly 20 years from now just like there will be people watching Watson highlights 20 years from now.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

So much this, its so much moral grandstanding, honestly, no one cares about your moral values, this is football, this is entertainment. If you arent going to be a fan any longer because of this, do it, don't talk about it because real fans don't care. 

A lot of people use this as an opportunity to grandstand and parade around talking about how much they are morally better than others, which no one really cares....

Do you have kids?

TBH, I could probably even do the mental gymnastics if I "only had boys". Having 3 daughters who like watching the games with me and "Dad, Nick Chubb is our favorite player, right?" is something I can't really sidestep at this point with Watson.

@MSURacerDT55 I get it and I don't begrudge those like you who feel differently, and it's one of those "he's going to play with someone why not us?" things, but for me it's a dealbreaker.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Can you separate the art from the artist? I promise you people will be listening to R Kelly 20 years from now just like there will be people watching Watson highlights 20 years from now.

See: Michael Jackson, the most transcendent pedophile of all time 

Yes and no.  I don’t listen to R. Kelly or Michael Jackson any longer tbh.

I can appreciate they’re good at what they do, it just doesn’t please me to listen to it.

I can appreciate they’re good at what they do, it just doesn’t please me to listen to it.

100% the same for me. I turn the station, which is too bad, because Billie Jean & Smooth Criminal are epic.

• Like 1

I 100% understand that. I forgot to mention MJ because I just went with a more recent example.

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its going to be crazy akward back at the facility if the Browns go do all of this and get out-bid for Watson.

It's going to be even more awkward when he uses his No Trade Clause specifically with us.

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

TBH, I could probably even do the mental gymnastics if I "only had boys". Having 3 daughters who like watching the games with me and "Dad, Nick Chubb is our favorite player, right?" is something I can't really sidestep at this point with Watson.

@MSURacerDT55 I get it and I don't begrudge those like you who feel differently, and it's one of those "he's going to play with someone why not us?" things, but for me it's a dealbreaker.

I only have boys and it’s the same argument.

Do you model the behavior of “well it’s not a big enough deal for me not to root for him on Sundays” to the next generation of men?

Like, I play Madden with my youngest and he likes to build a lot of franchises.  We’ve done dozens of them.  In none of them had we had Watson, Hill, etc.  He knows I’m not about that ****.

Maybe it’s just virtue signaling, maybe I’m a boomer, whatever, I’m cool with that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Respect due to you for your conviction, make sure you stand by it

• Like 1

My darkhorse pick when the Watson stuff falls flat:

We bid against ourselves to acquire Jordan Love, trade Baker for 70 cents on the dollar to Seattle/some other team, and implode over the next two years, while passing on a great 2023 prospects via the draft next year.