2022 Offseason Discussion

18 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Zero clue why Kansas City made that trade though.

Him and Mahomes were unstoppable together.

Because they need to start moving money around and building up the defense as contracts come up.  They weren’t able to keep Kelce and Hill if they were going for new deals.  

41 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The NFL is becoming NBAish.

The Rams started the trend. Build a “big 3” or in the NFLs case a “big 4” and surround them with role players.

You might start to see teams not value draft picks as much too. They want the proven commodity.

That mindset has been tried many times and rarely worked.

Rams drafted 8 of their offensive starters and 9 on defense. Stafford/Ramsey and now Robinson are really their only big names that they didn't draft.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

That mindset has been tried many times and rarely worked.

Rams drafted 8 of their offensive starters and 9 on defense. Stafford/Ramsey and now Robinson are really their only big names that they didn't draft.

Let me clarify, I’m not saying it has to be all free agency signings.

Heck look at the Patriots. For a long time their offense was just Brady + Gronk + Edelman.

The Steelers killer B’s had a LOT of success, they just unfortunately ran into Brady.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

The NFL is becoming NBAish.

The Rams started the trend. Build a “big 3” or in the NFLs case a “big 4” and surround them with role players.

You might start to see teams not value draft picks as much too. They want the proven commodity.

Which means teams who draft well will continue the process and teams who don’t will keep wasting picks. 

52 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Let me clarify, I’m not saying it has to be all free agency signings.

Heck look at the Patriots. For a long time their offense was just Brady + Gronk + Edelman.

The Steelers killer B’s had a LOT of success, they just unfortunately ran into Brady.

Yeah I was playing off of your statement that draft picks might start losing their value.

Obviously if you are including both then yeah, everyone wants a big 4 and I'm sure they prefer they draft them so their first contract is comparably inexpensive.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I haven’t seen a single player come out in support of baker. But there have been so many who have come out in support of Odell and now want him back. Kind of tells you a little bit about about the locker room dynamic and who was the issue. 

Legit question, why would any of them come out and say anything one way or the other while he is still on the team? No one should do that so as not not make it a toxic work place (much like Baker should not have done to Duke when he asked for a trade). Once he is moved then fair game. 

if they say something in support then it alienates the new QB, if they say something against it alienates him since he is still there and they still have to work with him. 

Edited by pscottdai

Just now, pscottdai said:

Legit question, why would any of them come out and say anything one way or the other while he is still on the team? No one should do that so as not not make it a toxic work place. Once he is moved then fair game. 

I’m talking about right now. Both are essentially off the team. Baker is as good as gone. And no support at all. Odell had tons of public support when he was out the door.