2022 Offseason Discussion

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, I believe so.

The 5th year option is usually used to extend contract talks. Which is why we used it. Changing plans afterwards isn't a great idea. But here we are.

We had to do it though. At the time picking up the option was the 100% the right move. 

We’ll be able to trade Baker we’ve just got to be patient and wait till a QB goes down. 

As soon as that happens his value is going to do a 180. We’ve just got to wait it out.

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think we will still trade Kareem Hunt. I like his skill set, but we really like D’ernest Johnson.

I’m looking at Tampa Bay as a trade partner.

Unless we're able to get a second round pick, I'd rather just keep him.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah we’re in win now mode not rebuild and collect mid round assets. 

Yeah, it makes no sense to trade him unless we get premium value, and it's unlikely any team gives up much for a RB with one year left on his deal. Plus, there's other reasons why it makes no sense to trade him:

- We saw last year our RB situation became thin at times due to Chubb and Hunt being injured. If Chubb misses time, a Hunt/Johnson duo is still very nice to have.

- Hunt is one of the only guys we have who's consistently good in the passing game.

- If Watson misses significant time, we're likely going to be running the ball a ton during that time, so it'll be important to have multiple great RBs.

• Like 1

It's hardtl to know what to dow with the 2nd pick. Assuming we get Clowney back.

Getting an explosive wr like picke would be great, let them grow along side watson for 4 years. This will allow us to move on from dpj or cooper. 

Alternatively a dt would probably make the roster better for the season a head, but I'm not hyped on DTs

Edited by Kiwibrown

I’m speaking strictly about the player, but trading for Watson sets you up to compete for a decade. I don’t buy into the whole “you gotta win now.” If you’re talking about Myles window, then I get it.

If you’re a halfway decent team, you’re going to have guys you have to let go of. It’s why you need to be strong in free agency and the draft consistently.

With Watson, we could have the same success Seattle had the last decade.

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m speaking strictly about the player, but trading for Watson sets you up to compete for a decade. I don’t buy into the whole “you gotta win now.” If you’re talking about Myles window, then I get it.

If you’re a halfway decent team, you’re going to have guys you have to let go of. It’s why you need to be strong in free agency and the draft consistently.

With Watson, we could have the same success Seattle had the last decade.

I think it’s win now because Watson is only costing us 10M this year. After this year tough decisions will have to be made. Most of Seattle's success came when they had a lot of their core on rookie deals. Once they started having to pay everyone they never won again. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think it’s win now because Watson is only costing us 10M this year. After this year tough decisions will have to be made. Most of Seattle's success came when they had a lot of their core on rookie deals. Once they started having to pay everyone they never won again. 

I think we will draft better than Seattle did post the wilson draft. 

To be a great team you need an excellent middle of the roster  not just 3-4 good players. We have a great top of the roster with oline players, Myles, Watson, and Chubb, jj3, and hopefully ward longer term 

19 hours ago, brownie man said:

We had to do it though. At the time picking up the option was the 100% the right move. 

We’ll be able to trade Baker we’ve just got to be patient and wait till a QB goes down. 

As soon as that happens his value is going to do a 180. We’ve just got to wait it out.

Did you not say the defensive line plus Will Fuller were jointing the team.

Saying Mayfield is going to be traded is like saying mtmmike will drive on snow.

Say something important like Amari cooper is going for 1400 yards and be better than adams wr las vegas.

Say Amari cooper will be the best wr

In the Afc north.

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I feel like we’re gonna have to do what the Rams did. Be super top heavy and just hope the middle - bottom part of your roster isn’t complete garbage.

We have 4 potential pieces that can play at a “truly elite” level for their position: 

Watson

Garrett

Chubb

Ward

You could probably include both of our guards.

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

It's hardtl to know what to dow with the 2nd pick. Assuming we get Clowney back.

Getting an explosive wr like picke would be great, let them grow along side watson for 4 years. This will allow us to move on from dpj or cooper. 

Alternatively a dt would probably make the roster better for the season a head, but I'm not hyped on DTs

Danny Shelton and Phil Taylor have scared me away from every drafting a DT in the 1st round ever again