2022 Offseason Discussion

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

That's not entirely accurate. That is going by total team points, not offense.

The 2012 Ravens had Multiple special teams and defensive TDs so if you factor that in they are 17th in offensive scoring, not top 10.

It's lazy to go with points for and points against to tell the story of offense and defense.

• Like 1

The Cleveland Browns are "pushing" to re-sign free-agent defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, according to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

Fowler reported on SportsCenter that the Browns cast a relatively wide net in their pass-rusher targets earlier in the offseason. They've since narrowed their focus on a reunion with Clowney.

The Akron Beacon Journal's Nate Ulrich spoke to Clowney's agent Kennard McGuire, who said on March 28 that Clowney and the Browns shared "mutual interest" in a deal.

Not saying it’s possible 

but do we have anything that could make a realistic trade for DK?

Maybe our second, a third this year, a second next year and Baker?

then possibly we don’t resign Amari next year and pay DK instead?

Idk if that’s enough but if he was I think I’d do it. DK and Deshaun for the next decade. Good lord 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Not saying it’s possible 

but do we have anything that could make a realistic trade for DK?

Maybe our second, a third this year, a second next year and Baker?

then possibly we don’t resign Amari next year and pay DK instead?

Idk if that’s enough but if he was I think I’d do it. DK and Deshaun for the next decade. Good lord 

Well we already restructured Cooper so he would count for over 15 million next year if we cut him or traded him.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well we already restructured Cooper so he would count for over 15 million next year if we cut him or traded him.

How many years does he have left? I thought he only had one guaranteed year left. I think I missed what changed with the restructure 

5 minutes ago, brownie man said:

How many years does he have left? I thought he only had one guaranteed year left. I think I missed what changed with the restructure 

2 years left after this season, 20 million base salary each year. He also has 2 voided years which accounts for about a 7.5 million hit and another 7.5 (3.776 per season 23 and 24) signing bonus hit.

That's trade or cut pre June 1 of 2023

Edited by Thomas5737

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

2 years left after this season, 20 million base salary each year. He also has 2 voided years which accounts for about a 7.5 million hit and another 7.5 (3.776 per season 23 and 24) signing bonus hit.

That's trade or cut pre June 1 of 2023

So other words we’re locked with him for 3 more seasons?

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

So other words we’re locked with him for 3 more seasons?

I'm not entirely sure how the voided years work, so I don't know.

I know we can't trade him prior to June 1 2023 without the big hit. After that I'm not sure how or when those monies are attributed to future years.

Yo I just had a thought

what if in a trade for Detroit we picked up all of Bakers contract and traded him for pick 32?

I really think that could potentially make sense. Baker gets back with Dorsey, and they can have him come in and compete with Goff but not have to pay him. 

We take a L on the contract but we also get a first rounder back. I’d love to see it on Hard Knocks 😂, but I do think it’s somewhat reasonable. 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Yo I just had a thought

what if in a trade for Detroit we picked up all of Bakers contract and traded him for pick 32?

I really think that could potentially make sense. Baker gets back with Dorsey, and they can have him come in and compete with Goff but not have to pay him. 

We take a L on the contract but we also get a first rounder back. I’d love to see it on Hard Knocks 😂, but I do think it’s somewhat reasonable. 

You think we’re gonna get the 32nd overall pick just for picking up 18M??

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

Yo I just had a thought

they would do that ad more.

Heck they would probably add in another draft pick to do it.