Free Agency- Possible Targets

ARTMONK HOF

9 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Are there any WR's in the draft with KR/PR abilities? I'm sure there are...

Besides Covey, are there any other WR's we should target in the draft with returning abilities?

Of course, perhaps we look for a RB in the draft with those traits?

I like Shakir

• Like 3

I don’t like losing DeAndre Carter. Solid back up WR & good return man. I’ve seen a lot of comments on Twitter and elsewhere that people think he’ll be easily replace, I’m not so sure given our struggles with return men over the years. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, Deebo Samuel Has Requested Trade. (Sorry, no link)

Should be interesting what happens with him. 49ers do not have a 1st Rd pick & Deebo wants like 25M a yr.

Curious to see what a team is willing to give up in draft capital for Deebo, then give him a mega monster Multi-yr contract.

15 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Apparently, Deebo Samuel Has Requested Trade. (Sorry, no link)

Should be interesting what happens with him. 49ers do not have a 1st Rd pick & Deebo wants like 25M a yr.

Curious to see what a team is willing to give up in draft capital for Deebo, then give him a mega monster Multi-yr contract.

uuuhhh, yeah, interesting for sure .

Deebo & Terry are the same age. Hmmm

Deebo

Receptions: 167
Receiving yards: 2,598
Receiving touchdowns: 10
Rushing yards: 550
Yards per carry: 6.8
Rushing touchdowns: 11

Terry

Receptions: 222
Receiving yards: 3,090
Receiving touchdowns: 16

One has to wonder & entertain the idea what the cost for Deebo would be in draft capital.

Considering whomever trades for him is going to have to give him a big contract. Same with Terry.

But numbers don't lie.

Don't know If I would part with the #11 Pick for Deebo, while trading away Scary Terry.

But I would certainly trade away #47 in the 2nd RD for him, while keeping our 1st.

Obviously, couldn't pay Terry & Deebo big money. (Not to mention with Curtis Samuels already making a bit)

But could Terry get more in draft capital, than Deebo in a trade? The numbers say no way, but I don't know.

@aceinthehouse No way you trade assets and pay for Deebo while still needing to pay Scary Terry. 

In hindsight though, looking at Curtis Samuel's deal compared to what's going on this year, if he performs we got him at a bargain. 

We better break the bank for McLaurin though. Cant let him get away.

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

@aceinthehouse No way you trade assets and pay for Deebo while still needing to pay Scary Terry. 

In hindsight though, looking at Curtis Samuel's deal compared to what's going on this year, if he performs we got him at a bargain. 

We better break the bank for McLaurin though. Cant let him get away.

I hope so. We need to keep Terry. I'm just thinking outside the box in a case where Terry doesn't want to be here.

I don't want to lose Terry for nothing if we do, like Cousins.

Cousins should have netted the team two 1st Rd picks, or at a minimum a 1st & a day 2 pick.

We netted a 3rd round Compensatory pick.

Then he signs with Minny for a Gazillion dollars.

I just hope we are in front of the 8-ball this time & preparing accordingly.

On 4/20/2022 at 3:27 PM, aceinthehouse said:

I hope so. We need to keep Terry. I'm just thinking outside the box in a case where Terry doesn't want to be here.

I don't want to lose Terry for nothing if we do, like Cousins.

Cousins should have netted the team two 1st Rd picks, or at a minimum a 1st & a day 2 pick.

We netted a 3rd round Compensatory pick.

Then he signs with Minny for a Gazillion dollars.

I just hope we are in front of the 8-ball this time & preparing accordingly.

Don’t forget not only did we lose Cousins for basically nothing, we lost Trent & Scherff for basically nothing as well compared to those 3 players values. What an awful front office we have!!

Also, We’re already behind the eight ball on re-signing Terry. That could be bc Terry’s agent wanted to smartly see what the WR market got set at this off-season & it’s blown up bigger than any of us could imagine. I wished we had been able to get an extension done in February bc it would’ve saved us 5 plus million dollars a year.

I don’t think trading for Deebo Samuel is an option for us & I don’t think Deebo is an actual better WR ran Terry. Deebo is a better weapon than Terry bc he can be a RB and is like a RB after the catch but Terry is a more versatile WR who runs better routes, has better hands & can make more plays downfield as a WR. 

Also, Curtis Samuel is a lesser version of what Deebo is. Curtis can be a RB & do the other things that Deebo does - not to the sane level Deebo does but Curtis definitely can take handoffs as a RB, can be effective on jet sweeps & screens - wish I wished they’d do with Terry more to get him more touches - and Curtis can play any WR position.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Don’t forget not only did we lose Cousins for basically nothing, we lost Trent & Scherff for basically nothing as well compared to those 3 players values. What an awful front office we have!!

Also, We’re already behind the eight ball on re-signing Terry. That could be bc Terry’s agent wanted to smartly see what the WR market got set at this off-season & it’s blown up bigger than any of us could imagine. I wished we had been able to get an extension done in February bc it would’ve saved us 5 plus million dollars a year.

I don’t think trading for Deebo Samuel is an option for us & I don’t think Deebo is an actual better WR ran Terry. Deebo is a better weapon than Terry bc he can be a RB and is like a RB after the catch but Terry is a more versatile WR who runs better routes, has better hands & can make more plays downfield as a WR. 

Also, Curtis Samuel is a lesser version of what Deebo is. Curtis can be a RB & do the other things that Deebo does - not to the sane level Deebo does but Curtis definitely can take handoffs as a RB, can be effective on jet sweeps & screens - wish I wished they’d do with Terry more to get him more touches - and Curtis can play any WR position.

My counter to this is say we save that 5 million. And he is upset in 2 years because he didn’t maximize this offseason. We allowed him to monitor this year which he had every right today we will give him the proper deal that he is at peace with and won’t regret in a season or two when he is outproducing a lot of the guys signed this offseason making up to 5 or more million then him. I’ll just be thankful when his deal is done

• Like 1

Earl Thomas wants to play again. I was on the train to try to get him coming out of Seattle. I think his veteran experience and knowledge would be very welcome on this team. He probably isn't a starter anymore, but he definitely could play in our Nickel defense. 

If he agrees to a 1 year 4M contract with like 1-2M gtd I think we should do it. 

51 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Has anyone noticed that erek flowers has t been signed?

be awesome to get him back for Pennie’s on the dollar!

That crossed my head today ! Thinking exactly like you but maybe they don't want him back . I thought he played pretty well. He is one massive human being ! Something I've always noticed about him . He's always helping a teammate get up- lending a hand . I like that !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

That crossed my head today ! Thinking exactly like you but maybe they don't want him back . I thought he played pretty well. He is one massive human being ! Something I've always noticed about him . He's always helping a teammate get up- lending a hand . I like that !

Yeah I thought he played well also, I understand the reason to let him walk as far as the cap savings was concerned, but honestly if he would take a cheap or prove it type deal to build his stock back up or if no teams are offering I would bring him back in a heart beat. Could prevent us from spending a pick on a guard and using it in another position

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 1:13 PM, Slappy Mc said:

Earl Thomas wants to play again. I was on the train to try to get him coming out of Seattle. I think his veteran experience and knowledge would be very welcome on this team. He probably isn't a starter anymore, but he definitely could play in our Nickel defense. 

If he agrees to a 1 year 4M contract with like 1-2M gtd I think we should do it. 

I don’t think he offers much leadership. His last few years in the league he was more of a lockeroom problem than a great leader from what I know. I don’t think he would want to come here either and be on a team who’s potential is probably backing into the playoffs. 

I think if he’s given the chance he’d go to the Cowboys (he’s said he always wanted to play for them) or, he will go to a contender or not play.