Free Agency- Possible Targets

ARTMONK HOF

I keep reading lots of reports of Dallas & Washington going hard after 4x pro bowler LB Anthony Barr.

Don't know how much of it is true, or how much of it is simply phantom stories in a slow news timeline.

He's 30 & rumors are he wants 11m per. If that's true, he's gonna have to get those numbers down probably.

19 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I keep reading lots of reports of Dallas & Washington going hard after 4x pro bowler LB Anthony Barr.

Don't know how much of it is true, or how much of it is simply phantom stories in a slow news timeline.

He's 30 & rumors are he wants 11m per. If that's true, he's gonna have to get those numbers down probably.

I first thought this would be a good pick up but from what I’m hearing there’s a knee issue and the reason he hasn’t been signed. Caveat emptor!!!

5 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I first thought this would be a good pick up but from what I’m hearing there’s a knee issue and the reason he hasn’t been signed. Caveat emptor!!!

A healthy Barr is impactful. But I’ve def heard the knee but he played 11 games last year. 2 the year prior so it’s def a concern. But he also was not a fan of the coaching staff so who knows how much is injury or just pain and just packing it in? That said hard to want a guy if he was packing it in. I think he’s at prove it deal status of the offseason at this point baring injury

• Like 2

On 7/21/2022 at 5:07 PM, aceinthehouse said:

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

$11 million?

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

If Wentz wants to be a better QB, he has to make quicker decisions/get rid of the ball & stop playing hero ball. He also has to take the lay ups as Chris Ballard said instead of trying to get a home run every play.

This is just my opinion.

But I feel Wentz was just in a bad environment & never got comfortable with who he was & where he was.

Sure, it could just be hopeful optimism on my part & I'm sure there is a lot to his game he needs to work on.

But, his O-line was not near as good in Indy, as it was in Philly. (At least the pass blocking aspect)

He never truly had a #1 WR, or set of good WR's as a whole.

COVID hit... And this presented problems with not just Owner Jim Irsay, but probably management, coaching staff & possibly even players.

Probably never got right with prior injuries, or was able to feel like his old self.

Had all the expectations of holding on to success by following P. Manning, who is royalty there.

Sure, these are just the same as excuses. Maybe he's at fault with many of the issues he had there. But I don't believe all of them are.

I truly believe he is in a good place with his future & the future of Washington as well.

We have a new team name. Haven't had a true legend QB in forever.

Much better line & weapons at his disposal.

Hopefully, he's been able to heal right with any former injuries.

I truly feel, he's in the best position for success since his 2017 campaign. If he's ever going to find his former self.

I'm confident he can at least make us a competitive team. At least I'm hoping.

5 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

This is just my opinion.

But I feel Wentz was just in a bad environment & never got comfortable with who he was & where he was.

Sure, it could just be hopeful optimism on my part & I'm sure there is a lot to his game he needs to work on.

But, his O-line was not near as good in Indy, as it was in Philly. (At least the pass blocking aspect)

He never truly had a #1 WR, or set of good WR's as a whole.

COVID hit... And this presented problems with not just Owner Jim Irsay, but probably management, coaching staff & possibly even players.

Probably never got right with prior injuries, or was able to feel like his old self.

Had all the expectations of holding on to success by following P. Manning, who is royalty there.

Sure, these are just the same as excuses. Maybe he's at fault with many of the issues he had there. But I don't believe all of them are.

I truly believe he is in a good place with his future & the future of Washington as well.

We have a new team name. Haven't had a true legend QB in forever.

Much better line & weapons at his disposal.

Hopefully, he's been able to heal right with any former injuries.

I truly feel, he's in the best position for success since his 2017 campaign. If he's ever going to find his former self.

I'm confident he can at least make us a competitive team. At least I'm hoping.

Maybe, maybe not. He has a heck of a lot to prove. If he can make quicker decisions, make the layups instead of forcing the ball downfield into double coverage and quit playing ‘hero ball’ so much, he can be a top 10 level QB, but he has to prove he can do that.

Basically to me, if he can make the routine/consistent plays more often & be like Kirk Cousins in that way while occasionally making the incredible off-scheduled plays like he’d done vs us a handful of times over the years then, he can throw for 4500 yds & 30 plus TDs w/ less than 15 turnovers (ints & fumbles combined) but again, he has to prove it.

I hope he can do this, but I’m not going to believe it until I see it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...