Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

3 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Hine sight is always 20/20.  Looked like Rodgers was on the downside of his career at that time.  Also coming off of multiple injuries.  Agreed with the move in principle just didn't like the pick.  No one at that time would have predicted back to back MVP seasons from Rodgers.  Nah I'll give Gutey a pass on that.  Let's see if we can deal Love and get some of that draft capital back.  We'll need it now. 

That's the problem.   Gute shouldn't get a pass.   He created this whole mess.  If he was going with the plan he put in place he needed to follow through.  He didn't draft a player that could have helped, and set the drama of the last 2 years in motion.    Removed a year off the contract last year to continue the plan,  and now that it's time - He bailed on the plan.   Unless the Rodgers deal is very cap friendly he messed up big time 3 years running.   

You keep saying hind sight, but some of us have been ridiculed on this board for going on 3 years for pointing out the damage done to the organization with this situation.

That Gute is one complicated Fella. 

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

That #2 scoring defense also lost its architect and Shelby Harris. We'll see what pieces they add, but I don't see RW being a savior there.

I think you know how much I hate RW but the floor for a RW led team is pretty much the ceiling for a Geno Smith lead team. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I'd much rather the team admit its mistake and do as much as they can to correct it than stubbornly try to prove they didn't err in the first place.

Agreed, but they shouldnt have made the mistake to begin with.  They should have read the situation better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Still after that FO aren't ya? :) 

Not the biggest Murphy fan and definitely thought less of Gute after the selection of Love. Gute has won me over with a capable eye for talent and especially the willingness to admit his mistake and move on. Heck I'm even proud of Russ Ball. What they're doing right now goes against every fiber of his being. I admittedly miscalculated that the Ball/Gute dynamic would be problematic after Gute got the nod and the "silos" were put in place. Ball no doubt would have operated differently from Gute as GM but he's doing his job capably whether he likes or agrees with what they're doing or not and that's very admirable.

The bolded is emphasized so you can see my humility.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Not the biggest Murphy fan and definitely thought less of Gute after the selection of Love. Gute has won me over with a capable eye for talent and especially the willingness to admit his mistake and move on. Heck I'm even proud of Russ Ball. What they're doing right now goes against every fiber of his being. I admittedly miscalculated that the Ball/Gute dynamic would be problematic after Gute got the nod and the "silos" were put in place. Ball no doubt would have operated differently from Gute as GM but he's doing his job capably whether he likes or agrees with what they're doing or not and that's very admirable.

The bolded is emphasized so you can see my humility.

Whaaaaa? You think I'm ever gonna let you off the hook?  :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

But dont you recognize how youre just the flip side of the coin?

I guess by definition you wouldnt.

I’m really not, but good try. He deserves a lot of the blame for the past two playoff losses. 

I’m just not gonna be all pissy about his tweets , or what he said on Mcafee and act like an obsessed pre-teen. 

57 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

That #2 scoring defense also lost its architect and Shelby Harris. We'll see what pieces they add, but I don't see RW being a savior there.

seattle has a terrible defense, and drew lock and plays in just as tough a division?