Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

Just now, packfanfb said:

You don't need a GOAT QB, but you also can't have a below average QB. Even Jimmy proved that when everything was on the line in 2019 against KC. 

I think the Rodgers deal today was as much about Love as it was Rodgers. Two years in, even with just limited playing time, there obviously was some talk at the round table about whether Love was the future. If there was any agreement that he looked the part, Rodgers would be a Bronco right now. 

i thought Rodgers had all the leverage? If he did, Jordan Love's readiness is irrelevant, as are the Broncos. Many have said Rodgers would go where he wanted to, and he apparently picked GB.

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Joe Burrow, Jimmy Garrapolo and Matt Stafford were 3/4 of the last QBs playing.

Time has long passed to rethink this whole "GOAT QB" approach.

Long passed? So literally a year before when it was Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes and Allen what was that?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i thought Rodgers had all the leverage? If he did, Jordan Love's readiness is irrelevant, as are the Broncos. Many have said Rodgers would go where he wanted to, and he apparently picked GB.

The Packers chose Rodgers over Love just as much as Rodgers chose the Packers over the Broncos/other team.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

You don't need a GOAT QB, but you also can't have a below average QB. Even Jimmy proved that when everything was on the line in 2019 against KC. 

I think the Rodgers deal today was as much about Love as it was Rodgers. Two years in, even with just limited playing time, there obviously was some talk at the round table about whether Love was the future. If there was any agreement that he looked the part, Rodgers would be a Bronco right now. 

I blame Kyle Shanahan, a coach who has yet to find a lead that he can't blow.

1 minute ago, PackFan13 said:

You obviously bring back an elite guy when you can. It's the ultimate team sport but some of you put all of the blame on Rodgers if he doesn't play perfect regardless of glaring needs on both sides of the ball 

No.  We never expect him to play perfect.  Those are your words.

We expect him to play to his contract, which is pretty damn good.

He's failed that on multiple stages.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

You obviously bring back an elite guy when you can. It's the ultimate team sport but some of you put all of the blame on Rodgers if he doesn't play perfect regardless of glaring needs on both sides of the ball 

Perfect?!  Shiiiiiiit if he had even played average vs SF, we would’ve at least gone to the NFCCG. 

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Rams were paying $45million for Matthew Stafford on their team and Jared Goff on a different team

so...I guess you're wrong?

Stafford played at an elite level up until the SB. The Bengals are one of the worst teams to make a SB in recent memory and like I said, the Rams have a GM who literally wore a shirt that says "f them picks." They're a SB outlier. I guess you can build your team to try and be another outlier, but that requires a hell of a lot of luck. If the Bucs, Packers and Niners had a healthy OL, the Rams are not winning the NFC, let alone SB. They feasted with an elite DL on wounded OLs.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

No.  We never expect him to play perfect.  Those are your words.

We expect him to play to his contract, which is pretty damn good.

He's failed that on multiple stages.

I've heard quite a few people harp on him for one play. Not even a turnover worthy play. One play. I hear a version of the phrase "but Lazard was wide open" all the time on here. One play.

The rest of the offense failed him regularly all game, with poorly timed false starts, injuries to critical players before and during the game (no one to blame, it happens), the fumble, the turnstile o-line. But all I hear is that one play. 

So yeah, it's fair to say there are people here who think he has to be perfect all the time. Not necessarily you, but it's certainly an opinion held by some.