Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

Murph aka Alfred E Neuman wet himself and Gute crapped the bed.  Problem is they're dancing around in it.

Murph will be out of here before the implosion leaving Gute with the mess.  For what?  A QB who sees himself as the holy grail and hasn't gotten us to the big game in about a dozen years.  On teams well capable of it.  He played poorly this year in the post season and absolutely stunk last year against the Bucs.  1-4 in NFC Championship games.  0-7 in playoff games when behind at half.  0-4 against the 49'ers post season, a team he "had it in" for.   

You do have to hand it to ol Rodg, he played the organization at an MVP level all right.  Murph should be fired with a case of apple sauce given to him for his accomplishments which he can use in his retirement and Gute a case of vaseline. He'll know what to do with it, and if not ol Rodg will show him.  

Edited by 15412

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yeah, damn them for not winning a SB in the first two years, they just got their QB for the next 15 years, and put together an elite defense.

As far as not getting anything . . . What do you think happens when Rodgers retires? That's why the trade was the ticket.

They probably sacrificed another SB in moving on too soon, something they could afford. Rodgers goes to Denver and holds up a Lombardi, Gute is probably out of a job. 

You're just living in fantasyland right now. Franchise players hold PR leverage, you don't tell them to sit down and shut up. I'd love to have Rodgers on the original 2 years on that deal, plus a tag, just wasn't realistic. 

45 minutes ago, Sandy said:

It's the only model that works, aside from the ol' "try to find a non-elite QB prospect that manages to defy the odds and become a super bowl caliber QB before his rookie contract expires and you lose him like Drew Brees from San Diego"

You forgot the important part of "Have a completely underwhelming year 3, leading them to draft his successor and then suffer a torn labrum in Week 16 of his bounce back year".

Getting Campbell back was big. Didn't think we could get Adams, Rodgers and Campbell. 

Keeping Rasul would be dynamite.

Would have still liked to have added to DL, but can't see anything happening there outside of the draft. Hopefully Slaton makes a big yr2 jump. 

if we get some young guys to step up and our OL play resembles 2020 more than 2021, we'll be right back in it.

Probably will add another WR early in draft as well.

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

Getting Campbell back was big. Didn't think we could get Adams, Rodgers and Campbell. 

Keeping Rasul would be dynamite.

Would have still liked to have added to DL, but can't see anything happening there outside of the draft. Hopefully Slaton makes a big yr2 jump. 

if we get some young guys to step up and our OL play resembles 2020 more than 2021, we'll be right back in it.

Probably will add another WR early in draft as well.

I feel like we say this every off-season lol. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

@Packerraymond

This you?

Yup, I would not bet on us winning the SB, but the FO had the stones to draft Love, therefore they'd have had the stones to move on to him if he was the guy. I'd rather enjoy 2-3 regular seasons with a chance for a SB then endure 1-2 years of crap with Love, then dump him and hope that we can pool picks and get the next guy. That cycle brings hope, but how many teams have been stuck there for decades?

Trade Love, hope you get a similar situation in the 23 or 24 draft where another guy you grade as a franchise guy falls to you. Take him, groom him and hope Rodgers wins a SB in that time frame. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They probably sacrificed another SB in moving on too soon, something they could afford. Rodgers goes to Denver and holds up a Lombardi, Gute is probably out of a job. 

You're just living in fantasyland right now. Franchise players hold PR leverage, you don't tell them to sit down and shut up. I'd love to have Rodgers on the original 2 years on that deal, plus a tag, just wasn't realistic. 

1. No they didn't. The Patriots roster outside of Brady declined that year a lot. 

2. Gute isn't out of a job if he trades Rodgers for a king's ransom and starts over. Pete Carroll isn't even going to be out of a job in Seattle. 

You absolutely have to tell franchise players to sit down and shut up if you want to be successful. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I would disagree. That 2019 Patriots team was rough and likely would have led them to another '04 Packers-esque end in '20 where they were good enough to win the division but not much beyond that. Since they found Mac Jones, they were able to go on that spending spree that helped them with their quick turnaround.

Conversely, I don't believe Gute would have been fired if Rodgers went to a different team in a different conference and won the Super Bowl. Especially if Love showed anything. Similar to how Thompson would not have been fired had Favre gotten the Vikings to the Super Bowl.

Edited by Striker

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yup, I would not bet on us winning the SB, but the FO had the stones to draft Love, therefore they'd have had the stones to move on to him if he was the guy. I'd rather enjoy 2-3 regular seasons with a chance for a SB then endure 1-2 years of crap with Love, then dump him and hope that we can pool picks and get the next guy. That cycle brings hope, but how many teams have been stuck there for decades?

Trade Love, hope you get a similar situation in the 23 or 24 draft where another guy you grade as a franchise guy falls to you. Take him, groom him and hope Rodgers wins a SB in that time frame. 

So even though you strongly suspect we're not going to win the SB with this massive contract, you still don't want to try it with Love.

Why?

Why do you assume that Love will be crap. This team needed to try and walk on it's own and instead it's still desperately clutching to this Rodgers crutch. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

No.....you cant trade Love, cause then @Mr Anonymous would be right on 2 of 3 things...and that's not a world any of us can live in. Better he's hitting .500 (like now) or .333 :)