Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So even though you strongly suspect we're not going to win the SB with this massive contract, you still don't want to try it with Love.

Why?

Why do you assume that Love will be crap. This team needed to try and walk on it's own and instead it's still desperately clutching to this Rodgers crutch. 

I don't know a damn thing about Love the pro. We don't have the tape to evaluate. I trust the FO that sees him every day in the Hutson Center, a group largely around as young interns and scouts when Ted and Co saw Rodgers in those same situations and made the call to move on. I trust if they felt Love was that guy, Rodgers would be in Denver. 

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So even though you strongly suspect we're not going to win the SB with this massive contract, you still don't want to try it with Love.

Why?

Why do you assume that Love will be crap. This team needed to try and walk on it's own and instead it's still desperately clutching to this Rodgers crutch. 

It makes me laugh when folks think Rodgers will stick around for three years.

We are 'all in' again with a slightly less talented team heading for a crash with 'dead cap'.

Rodgers SERIOUSLY thought of retiring this year according to his private mouth piece, MacAfee.

Be ready for more year end heartbreak, the off season drama of will he/won't he.  We missed our opportunity to get out of this rut, but no....we are desperately hanging on to the past as we go over the cliff.

This 'hang on to Rodgers' thing is really a Murphy thing and he's on his way out too.

Edited by Dubz41
  • Like 4

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I don't know a damn thing about Love the pro. We don't have the tape to evaluate. I trust the FO that sees him every day in the Hutson Center, a group largely around as young interns and scouts when Ted and Co saw Rodgers in those same situations and made the call to move on. I trust if they felt Love was that guy, Rodgers would be in Denver. 

So this is all just an extremely convoluted "Trust the front office" argument?

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

We won’t win another Super Bowl with Rodgers.

This is dumb and you’re all dumb for thinking we’re ever going to win another one with this dumb idiot.

You mean giving 100M guaranteed to a guy that has "seriously considered" retirement the last 2 years is not a good idea? Surely you jest

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

It makes me laugh when folks think Rodgers will stick around for three years.

We are 'all in' again with a slightly less talented team heading for a crash with 'dead cap'.

Rodgers SERIOUSLY thought of retiring this year according to his private mouth piece, MacAfee.

Be ready for more year end heartbreak, the off season drama of will he/won't he.  We missed our opportunity to get out of this rut, but no....we are desperately hanging on to the past as we go over the cliff.

Rodgers was never going to retire. This was ALWAYS about the money. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Are you saying from your living room you have more evidence and I should trust you instead ? 

Were not the damn Jacksonville Jaguars here, give me a break. Yes we should all trust this FO.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

That's where I'm at.

We'll know in a few years if it was the right call. But they definitely had the opportunity to take a huge haul and move forward with Love and did not. And contract structure looks like Love will not have a future here, so the FO was obviously ok doing that.

Should tell you something.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Are you saying from your living room you have more evidence and I should trust you instead ? 

Were not the damn Jacksonville Jaguars here, give me a break. Yes we should all trust this FO.

There's a difference between blindly trusting this FO and giving them the BOTD. We know for a fact you didn't agree with this move a week ago. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

That's where I'm at.

We'll know in a few years if it was the right call. But they definitely had the opportunity to take a huge haul and move forward with Love and did not. And contract structure looks like Love will not have a future here, so the FO was obviously ok doing that.

Should tell you something.

That the Front Office was more concerned about saving their own *** than building for the future. 

• Like 1