Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This deal has nothing to do with Love. This deal has everything to do with the Packers Front Office not having the stones to walk away from their security blanket. 

BOOM! We have a winner! 

Keeping Crosby and Cobb too because, well Rodgers said so!

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

What if Love isn't good? Then the FO is doing exactly what it should be. 

NO, they would have had the draft capital to take another shot. 

If there is no Lombardi forthcoming this is a colossal screw up and there is no way around that fact. 

Tom Silverstein -  Now that we've seen #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers has $101M guaranteed fully and $150M guaranteed against injury, can we please drop the "it's not about money" garbage or that it's a "cap-friendly" deal. He got paid, as he deserves. But it's not some great sacrifice for the team.

42 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

This is so dumb. Literally any of you who likes Aaron Rodgers still I dislike. Biggest egomaniac in the history of the sport.

We are now a minimum of 5 years from winning a Super Bowl.

How they can expect to pay Rodgers this much money and compete for anything other than divisional crowns I have no idea.

The best thing that can happen for the Packers now is an unexpected series of embarrassing losses that take the life out of the team and forces Rodgers to retire or demand a trade after this year.

Idiocy.

In the history of the sport? That’s hyperbole if I’ve ever seen it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

So, Rodgers gets to retire a Packer and then he gets to give them a big FU on his way out the door. Basically, he's making sure the Packers suck when he's gone. 

I wish our GM had a sack. 

Our defacto GM is 12.

Some thoughts on the Packers after a few days of free agency

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

So, Rodgers gets to retire a Packer and then he gets to give them a big FU on his way out the door. Basically, he's making sure the Packers suck when he's gone. 

Gute's sack is right next to Murph's, nailed above ol Rodg's headboard...

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Guess what we are going to suck once Rodgers leaves regardless.  As far as Love if he showed he "had it"  we probably would have traded Rodgers.  Got my head chewed off for pointing out the obvious Love is nowhere ready to start.  Stopped short of calling him a bust but he wasn't ready and isn't ready yet.  Had Rodgers left regardless of the "draft haul"  the Packers would have sucked.  7-10 6-11 something like that.  If Love failed to improve we would have been screwed.  Searching for the next QB and then enduring a learning curve again.  

Nah Gute made the right choice.  Packers will be competitive as long as Rodgers is the starter.  3 more good seasons I'll take it.  50/50 chance he brings home another ring in that time.  Bottom line the Packers are going to remain "relevant" for the next 2 or 3 seasons.  Be grateful for that.  

• Like 2