Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

Stafford could finish with 80,000 passing yards though if he has a mostly injury free career until age 40.Ā 
Ā 

He has a good shot to make the hall. But he needs a good finish.Ā 
Ā 

Rodgers will probably finish with only about 60-65,000 yards. Rodgers gets in with MVPs and record setting seasons. Rodgers is already in even though his total TDs and yards arenā€™t out of this world.

Stafford is an absolute no from me.Ā  I guess I can imagine a scenario where he gets in, but he is all bulk stats so far, stemming from throwing the ball 600 times per season.Ā  He is the Curtis Martin or Frank Gore of QBs.Ā  He has never been close to being the best in the league, not for a single season.Ā  He might have been top 5 a couple of times.Ā  He has 4 instances of leading the league in a category:Ā  2011&12 attempts, 2012 completions, and 2021 INTs.Ā  He is a slightly worse Kirk Cousins, but he has a SB ring.Ā Ā 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StafMa00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CousKi00.htm

Ā 

Of note:Ā  TD% Kirk 5.3 > Matt 4.7

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  INT%Ā  Kirk 2.2 < Matt 2.4

Stafford has the same number of 15+ INT seasons as Cousins has double digit INTs.Ā  Aaron Rodgers has 2 seasons with 10+ INTs.Ā  Stafford also had the benefit of Calvin ******* Johnson for the first 7 years of his career.

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Stafford is an absolute no from me.Ā  I guess I can imagine a scenario where he gets in, but he is all bulk stats so far, stemming from throwing the ball 600 times per season.Ā  He is the Curtis Martin or Frank Gore of QBs.Ā  He has never been close to being the best in the league, not for a single season.Ā  He might have been top 5 a couple of times.Ā  He has 4 instances of leading the league in a category:Ā  2011&12 attempts, 2012 completions, and 2021 INTs.Ā  He is a slightly worse Kirk Cousins, but he has a SB ring.Ā Ā 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StafMa00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CousKi00.htm

Ā 

Of note:Ā  TD% Kirk 5.3 > Matt 4.7

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  INT%Ā  Kirk 2.2 < Matt 2.4

Stafford has the same number of 15+ INT seasons as Cousins has double digit INTs.Ā  Aaron Rodgers has 2 seasons with 10+ INTs.Ā  Stafford also had the benefit of Calvin ******* Johnson for the first 7 years of his career.

Here's a comp: he's the Vinny Testaverde of the "air it out" era.

Stafford is a virtual lock now, accumulation and superbowl champion the first year after "escaping" the lions. Gore will make it, and stafford has more years being competitive in LA, i thought he would make it if the rams contended, but now that he won a SB hes a lock i think.

Lets say 4 more years of going deep in the playoffs, 2-3 more probowls after brady retires that should be enough.

38 minutes ago, ifeelasleep said:

Stafford is a virtual lock now, accumulation and superbowl champion the first year after "escaping" the lions. Gore will make it, and stafford has more years being competitive in LA, i thought he would make it if the rams contended, but now that he won a SB hes a lock i think.

Lets say 4 more years of going deep in the playoffs, 2-3 more probowls after brady retires that should be enough.

There's no way he's a lock. He is well short of accolades.

49 minutes ago, ifeelasleep said:

Oh, he will make it.Ā  I just don't think he actually deserves it.Ā  Like I said, he has never been the best QB in any season, and probably only sniffed top 5 once or twice.Ā  I also don't think Matt Ryan or Phillip Rivers should make it.Ā  I feel that the HOF should be the best of the best.Ā  Stafford is not even close to that, not even for a short period of time.Ā Ā 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

if stafford wins another superbowl is it safe to say he belongs in hof before rodgers

Oh come on.. I hope youā€™re joking because this is flat out ridiculous.Ā 
Ā 

Letā€™s just disregard every other stat/metric and only look at SB victories.

12 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Oh come on.. I hope youā€™re joking because this is flat out ridiculous.Ā 
Ā 

Letā€™s just disregard every other stat/metric and only look at SB victories.

if stafford had MM and rodgers had the lions, what does their respective career look like?