2022 Pro Days

Forge

23 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

More of an H Back/FB at that size that a true TE.

Maybe a HB but he is not a FB, he is not that great of a blocker and is more dangerous in the passing game.  And honestly it is not that hard to put on 10 pounds if a team wants him closer to 250.  I think he is a TE all the way but yeah is a late 7th round pick or a UDFA.  

The guy who could be a great HB or FB is Connor Heyward, he is a legit blocker and could be a hell of a versatile HB/TE/FB.  

Not a surprise Adams tested well, was shocked he did not get a combine invite but dude should be a mid to late round draft pick, could play CB or S.  Also solid time for Kramer at center, very good time actually and he is a tough strong kid that should have been at the combine also.  Carney had a good showing of speed and is a legit pass rusher who will be drafted.

Tony Adams Illinois CB/S 4.38 40, 41.5" vertical, 10'10" Broad jump

Doug Kramer Illinois C 4.83 40, 26 reps at 225

Owen Carney Illinois DE 4.57 40

Tyler Smith Tulsa OT 25 reps at 225

Chris Paul Tulsa OT/OG 26 reps at 225

Tyler Smith I need to watch more, has tons of hype and physically really looks the part but I have not watched him much.  Chris Paul I like his build and versatility to play OT or OG, decent showing at the Senior bowl also.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

McCreary 4.46, 31 inch Vert meh, and 19 reps of 225 at his pro day.

That is a solid bench for a smaller lighter guy, solid 40 and honestly he has the best mirror ability of any corner.  Would be Stingley but Stingley has not done it for awhile at a high level, McCreary was awesome last year and could follow anyone.  He should be a 1st rounder but might fall into the early 2nd.  

PS Is not very easy to get pro day numbers which is pretty sad, NFL.com should have a database of them where you can click and see the results off the original schedule.  

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

That is a solid bench for a smaller lighter guy, solid 40 and honestly he has the best mirror ability of any corner.  Would be Stingley but Stingley has not done it for awhile at a high level, McCreary was awesome last year and could follow anyone.  He should be a 1st rounder but might fall into the early 2nd.  

PS Is not very easy to get pro day numbers which is pretty sad, NFL.com should have a database of them where you can click and see the results off the original schedule.  

I agree, I would think the same people that rolled out the horrible "stat that" marketing would be smart enough to realize the potential to expand the interest in offseason activities centering around the draft by making that information more readily available.

I really think at the end of the day McCreary is a football player...he has a natural feel for the movements, technique, etc. to be a good cover corner. If teams get caught up in the measurables and don't focus on the film, they are going to miss out on a solid football player. I have a feeling if they do there will end up being atleast a prospect or two that may be sexier and have more pop from a measurables perspective that gets drafted before him...that he exceeds their impact.

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

UGA pro day today, right? I'm sure there will be some crazy stuff happening down there. 

Doubt it most of the guys showed their stuff already. Dean is only doing position drills and will apparently do testing in mid April.