2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Jimmy G for Baker + 2023 Second.

Let's them get out from under 19M cap hit this year and can cut Jimmy in july without issue. we buy a second round pick for 19M and at least Baker is a good back up unlike Darnold. 

Puts the finances in a crunch, but I'd do this for a second round pick. 

Great for us, but the Browns can probably offload Baker to another team for a Day 3 pick I'm guessing.

Edited by jonnguy2015

1 hour ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Great for us, but the Browns can probably offload Baker to another team for a Day 3 pick I'm guessing.

I would guess so, if only because I'm sure a team like Seattle would actually be interested in having Baker. It's not really an osweiler situation

Kinlaw was on SFNiner said his knee already feels better than when he was on the field last year. Says he has more knee and hip flexibility right now then ever in his life. Take that however you want. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Kinlaw was on SFNiner said his knee already feels better than when he was on the field last year. Says he has more knee and hip flexibility right now then ever in his life. Take that however you want. 

"Show me, don't tell me".......But obviously good news if this surgery helped solve some of the issues he's had with his knee. 

Either way, he has to play big this season and fill the big void left by DJ. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

Odum's deal average just $1.9M a yr.

2022: $1.435m
2023: $1.84m
2024: $1.625m

Has a lot of incentives, $1.5M each year, and a $750K base salary escalator for 2023, likely for playtime on defense.

As usual people overreacted. 

• Like 1

Feels like a transition year or reload idk what to call it. Massive coaching turnover, new QB, we are all expecting a change offensively to fit Lance's skill set, and expecting a lot from players who didn't have an impact last season/injured in Kinlaw. The offensive line has questions in at least 3 spots. Jed has been patient through Kyle and Johns's tenure. The way that Kyle spoke late-year about only playing Lance if they were out of the playoffs. This team is full of talent Idk what that means for our record but gotta think if the 49ers find success early on in the season. They always go search for players to trade that can fix holes on the roster/ add talent. Wouldn't surprise me that they put aside some of the jimmy money to be used down during the season. It will depend on Lance and I'm sure the 49ers have no clue. I'm sure they feel good right now.

Edited by 49erurtaza

4 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Feels like a transition year or reload idk what to call it. Massive coaching turnover, new QB, we are all expecting a change offensively to fit Lance's skill set, and expecting a lot from players who didn't have an impact last season/injured in Kinlaw. The offensive line has questions in at least 3 spots. Jed has been patient through Kyle and Johns's tenure. The way that Kyle spoke late-year about only playing Lance if they were out of the playoffs. This team is full of talent Idk what that means for our record but gotta think if the 49ers find success early on in the season. They always go search for players to trade that can fix holes on the roster/ add talent. Wouldn't surprise me that they put aside some of the jimmy money to be used down during the season. It will depend on Lance and I'm sure the 49ers have no clue. I'm sure they feel good right now.

The team is too talented not to compete for a SB. I said last week as well that if they hold on to Jimmy's contract until July, then they better be willing to make a game changing move during the trade deadline that could put the team over the top. 

I think the team drafted a bunch of guys last season for Lance's skillset and those that would get their shot in 2022, ala Sermon/Banks. I think they are trusting their scouting department but it all comes down to Lance. If he makes a big jump from last season, then the mindset will change and there will be more urgency to go for it. 

• Like 4

We made our "all-in" move a year early, trading premium picks for a guy Shanny thinks can give us upgraded QB play + athleticism over Jimmy from 2022 onwards. Its on Lance & the coaches to work together to maximize his skillset now

Besides the QB, team is already loaded so we don't need to make those big moves. We need to hit on some picks for sure and have our 2021 draftees take the next step. 

Losing Jones & Tomlinson sucks, but thats what you draft Kinlaw & Banks for. Outside of those two, nobody else we lost or will lose as FA's really moves the needle for me except for Mostert. We need that speed RB replacement 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 4

All I'm looking for now is a decent vet OG signing to compete with the Banks and to bring back Tartt. Neither of those moves are major but I think it strengthens the roster and puts us into a great position, heading into the draft and off-season workouts. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

All I'm looking for now is a decent vet OG signing to compete with the Banks and to bring back Tartt. Neither of those moves are major but I think it strengthens the roster and puts us into a great position, heading into the draft and off-season workouts. 

Both of those put us in a great position to take a pass rusher with our second round pick. It really doesn't matter what kind. An edge burner can really help - Dee Ford and Nick Bosa worked together well for a reason. A bigger guy that can play strongside in base and kick inside on third downs can help - Arden Key was a very useful player for the team. But I think that edge defender is going to be bpa at our pick - it's just such a deep draft for them and teams early on will be glutting on the OL and WRs by necessity. Plus, an edge defender that hits is massive added value. Guys that are only a little value added at that position get top of the market safety/corner money. We just need a third threat. Bosa's going to draw a massive amount of extra attention - we just need 2 dudes that can regularly take advantage of the one on ones because you can't help on Bosa and two other dudes. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Both of those put us in a great position to take a pass rusher with our second round pick. It really doesn't matter what kind. An edge burner can really help - Dee Ford and Nick Bosa worked together well for a reason. A bigger guy that can play strongside in base and kick inside on third downs can help - Arden Key was a very useful player for the team. But I think that edge defender is going to be bpa at our pick - it's just such a deep draft for them and teams early on will be glutting on the OL and WRs by necessity. Plus, an edge defender that hits is massive added value. Guys that are only a little value added at that position get top of the market safety/corner money. We just need a third threat. Bosa's going to draw a massive amount of extra attention - we just need 2 dudes that can regularly take advantage of the one on ones because you can't help on Bosa and two other dudes. 

Very much the bolded. My dreams of gaining a legit TE2 during free agency is all but done so I'll be looking towards the draft to satisfy my craving. I'm taking all comers aboard the Jelani Woods hype train. Hopefully he hasn't catapulted himself out of the mid round range with his workouts.

18 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The fact you may have to give up a draft pick to trade the former #1 overall pick from four years ago is not ideal to say the least lol.

The Rams had to give away two first rounders AND take on a big contract in order to get rid of their former first overall pick...

• Like 1