2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

9 hours ago, Forge said:

Kyle was also "the guy" that year in the hiring cycle. 

I recall Mcvay as being a guy that was getting a lot of pub about his interviews and whatnot, but a lot of people on here thought he would get hired in the next go round. 

I could be remembering that wrong though. 

Nope, this is correct. Shanny was the 'it' hire of that cycle. McVay kinda came out of nowhere after that Washington offense put up some good numbers with no real star power. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

🤨  Sherm? Why does he think that is a plus? I do not get it. Lose a good pass rusher and get a LB? Wagner is good, but I guess I value pass rushers more than he does?

I think it was just a way to give some love to his former teammate. 

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

🤨  Sherm? Why does he think that is a plus? I do not get it. Lose a good pass rusher and get a LB? Wagner is good, but I guess I value pass rushers more than he does?

I think with the way they got destroyed on the regular over the inside this is a big addition. They still have a good pass rush with who they have left. I honestly think that Defense got stronger with Wagner in there over Miller.

20 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I think with the way they got destroyed on the regular over the inside this is a big addition. They still have a good pass rush with who they have left. I honestly think that Defense got stronger with Wagner in there over Miller.

I don't think people are fully understanding just how bad we took advantage of Reeder. Majority of Mitchell's 50 receiving yards in the NFCCG came with Reeder covering him. Wagner isn't as good as he once was in coverage, but he's still a big upgrade in that area and he's generally known how to play our offense. Definitely a huge get by the Rams, especially in our match ups. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think people are fully understanding just how bad we took advantage of Reeder. Majority of Mitchell's 50 receiving yards in the NFCCG came with Reeder covering him. Wagner isn't as good as he once was in coverage, but he's still a big upgrade in that area and he's generally known how to play our offense. Definitely a huge get by the Rams, especially in our match ups. 

Hopefully it will look a little different this year with the new QB..

12 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

SAN FRANCISCO First Day: April 19
OTA Offseason Workouts: May 23-24, May 26, May 31-June 1, June 3, June 6-7, June 9
Mandatory Minicamp: June 13-15

This should all be Trey as I don't believe that Jimmy will be able to throw during any of these dates 

• Like 2