2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Tbh I don't think the 49ers can afford Deebo to hold in and miss time with Lance. He probably will miss OTAs but my guess is they get Deebo done before training camp.  Might be smart to make a public deal about it right now as like you guys have said 49ers don't want to get into a contract dispute especially publicly. 

It won't get that far, he'll be extended by camp, he, AJ Brown, DK & McLaurin all have the same agent, so it'll be interesting to see which gets extended first, and I highly doubt they trade Deebo, makes no sense.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Tbh I don't think the 49ers can afford Deebo to hold in and miss time with Lance. He probably will miss OTAs but my guess is they get Deebo done before training camp.  Might be smart to make a public deal about it right now as like you guys have said 49ers don't want to get into a contract dispute especially publicly. 

The Warner and kittle deals were done in June, right?

• Like 2

On 4/4/2022 at 2:33 PM, GW21 said:
On 4/4/2022 at 2:20 PM, N4L said:

The pats arent "using" harry incorrectly, it's just that he is a very limited player who will require a QB to feed him jump balls constantly because he can't separate. He looks like he is running in mud most of the time. He doesnt have a diverse route tree, is not technical, and is slow. Really terrible combination all around. 

I really dont think he is worth a roster spot to be honest. I dont even want us to sign him if he is cut. No ST value and he would be WR5 or 6 at best, and those kinds of guys need to either have massive upside or play STs 

Have you watched him play at all with the Pats? They fed him passes continuously like 5 yards down field and tried to have him make his money after the catch much like Deebo does a lot of the time - I'm not saying he is Deebo, I'm saying that is something that Deebo excels at and the Pats were trying to pigeonhole Harry into that role. Harry would be far more productive catching passes down the field being able to use his body to make contested catches. 

I have watched plenty of pats games. You said that the "New England has just refused to give up on this idea he can be a Deebo Samuel type of player" and now you say that they feed him passes ~5 yards downfield.

Pats are not using Harry thinking he is some YAC GAWD, they just know he is too slow and not technical enough as a route runner to do anything down field. So my point is that its out of necessity rather than because that is what they think he is good at. IMO its literally all he is capable of doing on the outside. 

He doesnt even use his size correctly imo. 

A lot of this comes down to what you thought of him as a prospect. I saw him running in mud in the pac12 and knew it wasnt going to work out. This is exactly who I expected him to be. Im still shocked he went in the first round.

He wont be a 49er. Hes the type of WR Kyle will HATE.

On 4/4/2022 at 2:33 PM, GW21 said:

No one is saying Harry is Deebo or even similar. I'm not really sure why you went there with it. I think Harry could be a good role player if a team would throw him the ball down the field and I definitely would kick the tires on him. 

I definitely went overboard with it but I just get tired of seeing people use Deebo as a comp for other players when there really is no basis for it lol 

teams calling 5 yard routes =/= trying to use him like Deebo. Just saying. 

Anyways, hope I wasnt too aggressive with my wording in my previous post. my bad

GO NINERS

9 hours ago, gridirongorilla said:

Honestly, the social media tantrum has me a little bummed with regard to Deebo. He was all pro but he's basically had one season where he's been able to stay healthy. They made the mistake of cashing in a little too early on Jimmy, not to mention Dee Ford, etc. 

If offered anything in the top 15 to maybe top 20 plus some pocket change, you take it and run in my opinion.

Honestly, this whole thing has gone too far. There is no social media tantrum from Deebo lmao stop it with that nonsense. He isnt AB or TO. When has Deebo been anything less than a consummate professional??

Deebo has changed his regimen. He eats better, trains smarter, and recovers better. Dude takes care of his body, like for real. He wasnt always doing the little things and the knock on him coming out of South Carolina (per their HC) was that he would come into camp a little out of shape every year. This version of Deebo isnt doing that. He is ready to ball year round. He isnt traveling or going out during the season, his off days arent off days. Its football 24/7 for that man. 

Lets not forget that he hurt his shoulder making that absurd catch against the cardinals his rookie year. By the time he got healthy again, we went super run heavy. 

Like, does no one remember the play he made week 17 against seattle along the sideline? That was the same type of stuff he did late in the season this year. He is not a one year wonder. He does reference in the video above that it was weird for him to play in stadiums without fans as well, so 2020 being an off year with his injury and the rest of our team is understandable.

Hes only played three years and has literally never been anything but a damn good football player. Does anyone remember the NE game from 2020? It was his first game back after the injury and he was all over the field and was unstoppable. Bill couldnt do anything to slow him down. Deebo has always had a ton of juice. Lets not rewrite history here. 

Let me explain what I think happened with this social media noise. This is the post that started this nonsense:

This jagoff Akash wasnt even sure if Deebo was following the 49ers on twitter previously before posting this on Wednesday. Deebo probably saw that sh!t and is a little annoyed at how much everyone tries to read into his social media so much. Every little thing is over scrutinized and over analyzed. Ive seen him say something like "not everything I post is about football, damn" 

So then on Thursday he decides to troll everyone by archiving pictures. Thats right, hes not deleting them, just archiving them. Its all nonsense lol 

Kyle is a light weight troll, and I know he must be pretty ticked off by the "49ers fans" on social media who wanted him to get fired half way through the season last year. These guys haven't forgotten how pissed off the fanbase was this year

This is not a tantrum lol its a lowkey way of messing with everyone

DID I MENTION THAT I F*CKING HATE TWITTER 

• Like 2

There's an IG fan page called "oursf49ers", the admin commented on a post yesterday that Deebo did indeed unfollow both the 49ers and his fan page. 

For reference, current and former players like Trey Lance, George Kittle, Arden Key, Jimmie Ward etc follow this fan page

So yeah, it sounds like he did unfollow the Niners, and it is probably a public display of dissatisfaction with the contract negotiations. Its nothing that a little more $ can't smooth over, but we'll see how much each side is willing to negotiate

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, N4L said:

I have watched plenty of pats games. You said that the "New England has just refused to give up on this idea he can be a Deebo Samuel type of player" and now you say that they feed him passes ~5 yards downfield.

Pats are not using Harry thinking he is some YAC GAWD, they just know he is too slow and not technical enough as a route runner to do anything down field. So my point is that its out of necessity rather than because that is what they think he is good at. IMO its literally all he is capable of doing on the outside. 

He doesnt even use his size correctly imo. 

A lot of this comes down to what you thought of him as a prospect. I saw him running in mud in the pac12 and knew it wasnt going to work out. This is exactly who I expected him to be. Im still shocked he went in the first round.

He wont be a 49er. Hes the type of WR Kyle will HATE.

I definitely went overboard with it but I just get tired of seeing people use Deebo as a comp for other players when there really is no basis for it lol 

teams calling 5 yard routes =/= trying to use him like Deebo. Just saying. 

Anyways, hope I wasnt too aggressive with my wording in my previous post. my bad

GO NINERS

Not offended at all. Just thought that was a stretch from what I had previously said. I do agree with you in the fact that Harry does not seem like a guy that Shanahan would like though. He talked about separation so much with receivers in the past, which is Harry's worst skill. I did think it was a bit interesting that we were reportedly high on him coming out in his draft year because of his lack of separation. 

All that being said, I do think he could be a productive receiver in the NFL if a team let him run routes down the field and compete for the ball. Just one guys opinion though. 

1 hour ago, adamq said:

3/31? Surely we could afford that...

Mathieu isn't taking what Reid got, he wants near Jamal Adams money, he wants to be PAID, no way he's settling for a 3yr deal for $10.5M a yr, $10.5M on a 1yr deal, sure, but not on a multi-year deal. He'll wait it out, and get that money or sign a 1yr deal, and get paid in 2023.

23 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

Mathieu isn't taking what Reid got, he wants near Jamal Adams money, he wants to be PAID, no way he's settling for a 3yr deal for $10.5M a yr, $10.5M on a 1yr deal, sure, but not on a multi-year deal. He'll wait it out, and get that money or sign a 1yr deal, and get paid in 2023.

I agree if he was willing to take 10.5 million a year he would have signed by now. 

I think he was saying he was willing to take that to stay in KC. I think he's definitely got a different price to play elsewhere. It seems like he really liked it in KC with the team around him and all the winning. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I think he was saying he was willing to take that to stay in KC. I think he's definitely got a different price to play elsewhere. It seems like he really liked it in KC with the team around him and all the winning. 

Yes I just read the article and it sounded like it was way on his low side, but to stay in KC he would have just taken it.