2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

"Should we get Fields some help?"

"Nah, he'll be fine"

Solak does a good job just kind of showing the issue here. Don't believe this would have happened with the niners, and also most of the teams that could have drafted him lol. Man, Chicago was a rough beat to land at

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Should we get Fields some help?"

"Nah, he'll be fine"

Am I crazy to say the bears are having the worse offseason of any team? I get trying to move on from some older talent but this is year two of fields who had a bad team around him last season. This team is so far is worse. Lol 

51 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

No way Deebo takes $20M a yr, he's well worth $25M a yr IMO, but that's me, as he's better than DJ Moore, along with DK, McLaurin, & Brown, so he should get more than those 3.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

No way Deebo takes $20M a yr, he's well worth $25M a yr IMO, but that's me, as he's better than DJ Moore, along with DK, McLaurin, & Brown, so he should get more than those 3.

Don't know yet, myself. He had 1 dynamite year, 1 pretty good year and a very, very meh year. I would have more confidence in giving him a trend-setting contract if he had more than just 1 dynamite year... I also think our RBs (and Lance, at times) will be doing more of the rushing than Deebo will in the near future. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

I love DJ Moore. I think he's a legit top 12ish receiving in the league. 

But I agree that Deebo probably doesn't like that AAV. DJ Moore has a little of that Keenan Allen to him where he's going to catch 1200 yards every year he is healthy but never be an all pro. If they offered Deebo the Moore aav, I'd get it, but I also get Deebo saying no. 

But I wonder if it's a guarantee issue. I could 100% see a situation where we are offering 24-25 aav, but only Moore's guarantees  as a way to protect the team against Deebo's previous issues. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Am I crazy to say the bears are having the worse offseason of any team? I get trying to move on from some older talent but this is year two of fields who had a bad team around him last season. This team is so far is worse. Lol 

I don't know if its' the worst...but man, I have no damn ideal what they are doing. They even had money to spend this year and didn't have a first round pick. Free agency was going to be how you got a bit of an immediate boost over a pretty pedestrian roster...like, what are you doing? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know if its' the worst...but man, I have no damn ideal what they are doing. They even had money to spend this year and didn't have a first round pick. Free agency was going to be how you got a bit of an immediate boost over a pretty pedestrian roster...like, what are you doing? 

Then there was that report a month ago or so that they could move on from Fields if he doesn't have a good second year. I'm not the biggest Fields fan but all this sound really odd.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

I love DJ Moore. I think he's a legit top 12ish receiving in the league. 

But I agree that Deebo probably doesn't like that AAV. DJ Moore has a little of that Keenan Allen to him where he's going to catch 1200 yards every year he is healthy but never be an all pro. If they offered Deebo the Moore aav, I'd get it, but I also get Deebo saying no. 

But I wonder if it's a guarantee issue. I could 100% see a situation where we are offering 24-25 aav, but only Moore's guarantees  as a way to protect the team against Deebo's previous issues. 

This is my conclusion too. He wants somewhere near what Adams, Hill and Diggs in guaranteed money but to protect ourselves, we want him to take 45-50 mill?

• Like 2

With what Deebo just did he has the right to demand to be paid like these new receiver contracts that are being passed out.  I can not fault a man for seeking what he is worth.  The value of Deebo will also be different for different teams, if the 9ers and Deebo cannot come to an agreement there are two options... trade him or Kirk Cousins him.

If you let him use up his contract and tag/let walk you will get a 3rd back.  I am sure it will be the top compensatory, you will just have to wait an extra year to get the pick.  You will also get a cheap year of an elite receiver.

If you trade him then you will be unlikely to get a player of equal talent in the draft but hopefully you can keep your team competitive easier with lower cost impact players. 

If I am Deebo this is the perfect time to hold out.  We have a QB who will be starting his first year, you naturally want to put that QB in the best situation possible.  He had a season with insane production, if like many here think that Ayuik is a better match for Lance's style of football, he should cash out at his peak value. 

***I have no idea the true Deebo situation beside he cleaned his dum dum account of 49ers stuff***

Another thing that I hope Deebo considers is that his "brand" if he wants to do indorsements or anything of the like would probably be best served if he stayed in SF.

A thing that I hope he does not consider is that he has to pay CA income tax.

6 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

This is my conclusion too. He wants somewhere near what Adams, Hill and Diggs in guaranteed money but to protect ourselves, we want him to take 45-50 mill?

I do hope Deebo stays healthy long term, on our team or on another.  Just how crushing would it be to the team to be in another Dee Ford scenario but with Deebo instead.  

@49erscap correct me if I am wrong, but aren't base salaries paid out over 40 weeks now instead of just weeks with games? 

If that's the case, then it makes sense deebo lives in Florida during the off-season because he will earn income in Florida rather than CA 

@pwny is that how it works? I remember reading something that players have to file different tax returns in different states depending on which road games they play, which sounds absurd, but also very American 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I'm hoping they will make a deal for DK.  If you add a true #1 to that offense, suddenly Fields has a really good trio of targets with Monty in the backfield. Definitely a big "if" though

And of course, that doesn't fix the oline or defense...

Edited by adamq

3 hours ago, N4L said:

If that's the case, then it makes sense deebo lives in Florida during the off-season because he will earn income in Florida rather than CA 

This can also go to structure. He may want bigger bonuses. I'm like 99% sure that bonuses are taxed based on your primary residence living situation, so he could definitely want bigger signing bonuses or roster bonuses. 

• Like 1