2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

12 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

🙄  I thought it was too early for Murray to renegotiate his contract... Never did have much confidence in Murray's ability to lead. Athletic gifts, but not much in the way of charisma.

He's proven less in his career than his former college team mate Mayfield. How can he justify a new contract?

Not getting this at all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 49erscap said:

Love this signing, now we don't HAVE to go EDGE at 61 or 93 IMO.

I would still definitely see who is at either of those picks, if an EDGE drops, I’m still taking them. I’m looking for a cheap, high upside player to pair with Bosa for the next 4 years. Not another Arden Key that will have a career year and then go get paid somewhere else. Don’t get me wrong, I like our role players, but I want a long term bookend to mold for years to come.

this signing doesn’t move the needle for me, I still go EDGE early

Edited by P_locniners
  • Like 3

Jets beat writer for The Athletic 

Normally I would be like eh, this is just some other team's beat writer, but the jets have probably called and gotten very honest answers from our FO so it is plausible he has a legit plug on this

• Like 3

10 hours ago, P_locniners said:

I would still definitely see who is at either of those picks, if an EDGE drops, I’m still taking them. I’m looking for a cheap, high upside player to pair with Bosa for the next 4 years. Not another Arden Key that will have a career year and then go get paid somewhere else. Don’t get me wrong, I like our role players, but I want a long term bookend to mold for years to come.

this signing doesn’t move the needle for me, I still go EDGE early

The bolded especially. These one year rentals are fine from a depth perspective but we need to lock-in a long-term bookend for Bosa. And as much as I want safety depth/talent, if a guy falls into our lap, we better pounce.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

The bolded especially. These one year rentals are fine from a depth perspective but we need to lock-in a long-term bookend for Bosa. And as much as I want safety depth/talent, if a guy falls into our lap, we better pounce.

And we need speed and bend...what we were looking for in Dee Ford and haven't gotten for the last 2 years. I did love the signing, but he has got to go soon if he cannot get on the field, IMO.

Ohhhh man, I wish we were on this. If only there was a way.....Not even exaggerating, but if we have Gilmore along with Ward, Moseley, Thomas, Ward etc, that instantly becomes a top 3-5 secondary quite easily. Pretty much would guarantee the top defense or top 2 defense.

Argh!!!!! Missed opportunity. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ohhhh man, I wish we were on this. If only there was a way.....Not even exaggerating, but if we have Gilmore along with Ward, Moseley, Thomas, Ward etc, that instantly becomes a top 3-5 secondary quite easily. Pretty much would guarantee the top defense or top 2 defense.

Argh!!!!! Missed opportunity. 

That would have been a tough one to do, even with cap room, due to a 2yr deal, that's $11.5M a yr, even if we did void years, which I hate, we'd still lose a lot of 2023 cap room, likely $10M, we're already at just $38M when we have 51 players signed for 2023.

• Like 2